Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Shop
Strontium Dog

posted on 9/3/10 at 12:10 PM Reply With Quote
Shop

Hi. I'm new here and don't seem to be able to access the shop! Am I missing something and what's in there anyway?! Is this where all the good stuff is kept, you know all the jewels and bling or something you don't want newbies to see?
blakep82

posted on 9/3/10 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
oooooh noooooo, not this again

cue all the "you need 13000 posts and special invite" posts about getting in lol

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

cd.thomson

posted on 9/3/10 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
im afraid you need 13000 posts and a special invite before you can get in im afraid

Craig

FFTS

posted on 9/3/10 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Strontium Dog Is this where all the good stuff is kept, you know all the jewels and bling or something you don't want newbies to see?

YES!!!!!!!!!!

Chris.

Agriv8

posted on 9/3/10 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
I thought you had to start donating to the Political Party that you expect to win the next election.

Then start dropping a few hints that you were expecting them to 'Sort out your pearige or access to the locostbuilders shop.'

I was led to belive that attemting to *<cough>* bribe *<cough>* Fozzie in this manner was 'Almost' imposible

regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

eddie99

posted on 9/3/10 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
Send me £20 and i'll hack your access to get in Im still not in.... another 12300 to go though...

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
blakep82

posted on 9/3/10 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
ha, i just noticed no one's on 13000 posts yet

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

MikeR

posted on 9/3/10 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
Ok, i'll let you into a secret.

It was originally a set number of posts - as the post count went up, so did the posts.

It was then modified to post count & length of time formula. Chris once explained it to me when i was complaining. It got complicated, i've forgotten.

Its now basically "are you a good egg", "have you been here a while", "have you proven yourself", "does Chris / Fozzie tolerate you".

Chris has to keep it exclusive due to the deals he offers. Imagine cheap car insurance that included everyone, yep even the 17 year old who's crashed 30 times already. The premiums would go up. This way the offers stay decent and are an incentive for others to behave.

Good luck.
(and i hope this doesn't get me banned from the shop for releasing secrets).

James

posted on 9/3/10 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
Blimey! Is it still 13,000?

Been a member for nearly 8 years... and I'm just over half way.

2016 and The Shop here I come!!!

James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

MikeR

posted on 9/3/10 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
oh and begging Chris / Fozzie to get let in doesn't work either.

Look up CaLvInX - he's no longer a member and has no posts to his name!!!!! You'll find him mentioned occasionally tho.

scootz

posted on 9/3/10 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
Lol... does Calvin really want back into the fold???

Anyway, back on topic... you will need to be 'initiated' before you can access The Shop. If you have been selected by Chris or Fozzie for this honour, then you will awake to find a dove messenger on your doorstep carrying a scroll with the date, time and place where the initiation ceremony will be held. This message will be written in used engine oil... the lifeblood of the Locostbuilder!

Or if all that seems a bit of a faff, then you could just bung ChrisW and Fozzie a big wad of readies and... hey-presto - the shop doors will open (allegedly!).

[Edited on 9/3/10 by scootz]

It's Evolution Baby!

BenB

posted on 9/3/10 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
oh and begging Chris / Fozzie to get let in doesn't work either.

Look up CaLvInX - he's no longer a member and has no posts to his name!!!!! You'll find him mentioned occasionally tho.

He's locked up in the shop. More of a prison that shop. Well okay, the front looks like a shop back at the back it goes all Pulp fiction if you know what I mean.

Fozzie

posted on 9/3/10 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
Mike ..you are such a tinker!

Yes, the criteria was at one time linked to post count, and to a point it still is .... but there were increasing amounts of inane drivel posts just to bolster it up ..... so after a 'certain' amount of posts, it is quality rather than quantity that counts...

Out of those remaining, it is then 'lucky dip'
and invitations are sent out by email.....this only happens a few times a year.

The first of 2010 took place at the beginning of February, and the 'shop' was nigh on cleared out within hours.... (a few choice items only are carried, to maintain the high standards) ....

Every one was happy with their bargains and purchases.....had lots of good feedback.... which is good ....

And we are now on the look-out for the next lot of stock .....
I'm off to Race Retro at Stoneleigh on Friday....for a good look-see (for my business too) and have a chat with some of my suppliers ...so you never know what I may find that'll please the next batch of lucky 'invitees' .....

Fozzie

Oh ...just to add...begging and bribery ...don't do it ..... your name will just be dropped waaay down to the bottom of the list.....

'Racing is Life!...anything before or after is just waiting'....Steve McQueen

eddie99

posted on 9/3/10 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fozzie
Oh ...just to add...begging and bribery ...don't do it ..... your name will just be dropped waaay down to the bottom of the list.....

Damn, i must be last!

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
blakep82

posted on 9/3/10 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eddie99
quote:

Damn, i must be last!

quote:
but there were increasing amounts of inane drivel posts just to bolster it up ..... so after a 'certain' amount of posts, it is quality rather than quantity that counts...

damn, you're above me

scootz

posted on 9/3/10 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
And we are now on the look-out for the next lot of stock .....

I'm off to Race Retro at Stoneleigh on Friday....for a good look-see (for my business too) and have a chat with some of my suppliers ...so you never know what I may find that'll please the next batch of lucky 'invitees' .....

Can I come too... can I... can I... pleeeeeease! I have a proven track record of buying stuff and then successfully selling it (albeit at a loss... but hey that's not really important... ).

It's Evolution Baby!

MikeR

posted on 9/3/10 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
i wish i was going to race retro - i'm only a few miles away but can't realistically get the time off
Fozzie

posted on 9/3/10 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
Would have been good to meet up! (Scootz and Mike)

It is on from 12-14th if anyone is interested.....

Linky Dink

Fozzie

Breaker

posted on 9/3/10 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
This is the first time I hear from this secret "Shop".

LET ME IN !!!!!

Strontium Dog

posted on 9/3/10 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
Ah! All is clear to me now! This must be the place you need the funny hand shake to get in and where all the rubber goods and special lubes are kept i!

Say no more boys and I'll try and be good so I can see you all soon!

fesycresy

posted on 9/3/10 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Strontium Dog
Ah! All is clear to me now! This must be the place you need the funny hand shake to get in and where all the rubber goods and special lubes are kept i!

No, too late, your avatar looks too big.

Suprised the avatar police haven't had you get, you've blown it, your card is marked.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Strontium Dog

posted on 9/3/10 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fesycresy
quote:
Originally posted by Strontium Dog

No, too late, your avatar looks too big.

Suprised the avatar police haven't had you get, you've blown it, your card is marked.

Crikey Mate, you can't get away wiv nuffin round ere!

I must try harder to be good
I mus.....................

Oh Rollocks, no I mustn't!

And your avatar needs to be bigger or I'm gfonna go blind

[Edited on 9/3/10 by Strontium Dog]

Fozzie

posted on 9/3/10 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
Ahem......yes...avatars should be 150 pixels wide.......I am surprised the system hasn't noticed ......

Fozzie

Strontium Dog

posted on 9/3/10 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Ahem......yes...avatars should be 150 pixels wide.......I am surprised the system hasn't noticed ......

Fozzie

That's 'cause I'm not a part of the "System" having dropped out years ago and I have special powers that allow me to infiltrate undetected!

Or at least I did until Mr. Fesycresy gave me up!

blakep82

posted on 9/3/10 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
is it really automatic? i had a photo up for about 3 weeks before i got a u2u

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.