Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ECE R16 law regarding harnesses...
perci

posted on 10/3/10 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
ECE R16 law regarding harnesses...

hello all, im wondering if any of you clever people know the answer to my queery?

I am just deciding what harnesses to buy and i really like the 'nascar' style buckle/latch, but i cant find any info on weather they are compliant with uk law?? all other aspects ie: anchorage, fitment angles etc im sure of.
The only info i know is that the lever has to be on the right side of driver.... any ideas anyone???
thanks in advance for any help.

vinny1275

posted on 10/3/10 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
If you need to IVA it, the buckle has to be releasable with one hand, in one movement, iirc. Apart from that, the usual E-marks, etc., apply. If it's for a registered car, I think the MOT tester will check for operation, rather than compliance with standards...

HTH

Vince

perci

posted on 10/3/10 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for that vince... its for a registered car not the kit so hopefully it will be ok then! cheers becky
blakep82

posted on 10/3/10 at 02:16 PM Reply With Quote
also, as vince said, check for e-marks, but if they haven't got an e-mark, the iva manual lists a whole set of other recongnised standards, they DON'T HAVE TO BE e-marked

but if its registered, there shouldn't be an issue

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.