Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Snivelling slimy gits
RichieHall

posted on 10/3/10 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
Snivelling slimy gits

I honestly can't believe the dirty, pocket lining thieves in government!

Freezing pay on GPs, Dentists & senior civil servants, a pitiful 2% for Armed Forces junior ranks but a whopping 1.5% for MPs!

It really makes my blood boil!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/science/politics/article7057415.ece

Rust is lighter than Carbon Fibre!

Breaker

posted on 10/3/10 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like your government is as great as ours (Belgium) !

Our government voted a law some time ago stated that they (=taxpayers) will have to pay out a "fine" to asylum seekers (1000's every month) to whom they can not provide a roof over their head. And apparently our government has been paying 500€ per DAY per PERSON for 4 months to 50 of these people.

500€ PER DAY; PER PERSON !!!

steve m

posted on 10/3/10 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
Thats 2% more than i made this year,
AND LAST YEAR

RichieHall

posted on 10/3/10 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
AND LAST YEAR

Apologies Steve I do appreciate 2% is just above inflation and that the vast majority of workers don't get a smile and a thank you, let alone a pay rise

Humbug

posted on 10/3/10 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
oooh! freezing pay on the poor public sector employees. In my (private sector) job there have been no pay rises for over 2 years.

Anyway, this latest is Gordon's way of making some headlines by looking like he is finally making some cuts, while actually only affecting a relatively small number... no freeze on the hundreds of thousands of other NHS workers, you notice... so (from his point of view) fewer of them individually will vote against him in the election.

MikeR

posted on 10/3/10 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
its 2% more than me - and i got made redundant this year.

2% more than the g/f has had in the last 3 years.

Civil servants are so hard done by - if the job is that bad, get a job in the real world and see what its like with sod all protection, pay rises, benefits.

(part of this rant is from the civil servants i know who wouldn't know a hard days work if a manager stood in front of them and pointed it out step by sodding step).

RichieHall

posted on 10/3/10 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
I don't think I made my point very well?

My irritation is that GB can awards himself and his peers 1.5% but freeze other public sectors.

Again apologies if I've rubbed people up the wrong way

[Edited on 10/3/10 by RichieHall]

adithorp

posted on 10/3/10 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
Just being pedantic...

How can 2% be snivelling if 1.5% is whopping?...

Isn't it now the case that MP's pay rises are not set by the government but by an "independant" commitee, although it is then voted on by the MP's.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Dangle_kt

posted on 10/3/10 at 10:59 PM Reply With Quote
Just a small correction ref NHS payrise - the reason is they couldn't go back on the payrises, they are agreed in three years cycles.

I am pretty sure the NHS will see no further wage rises from next year, for about 3-5 years.

And regarding GP's and Dentists - they run their own companies, they do not work for the NHS, so they can give themselves whatever payrises they want to, or don't want to - they also have access to lots of new revenue if they deliver new services, though obviously there are increased costs to match - but dont put GP's and dentists in the "poor" category just yet.

MakeEverything

posted on 10/3/10 at 11:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by RichieHall
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
AND LAST YEAR

Apologies Steve I do appreciate 2% is just above inflation and that the vast majority of workers don't get a smile and a thank you, let alone a pay rise

I havent had a payrise for years. the only way i can get one is to change jobs!

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

adithorp

posted on 10/3/10 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
...But why let the truth get in the way of a good propaganda story when your boss, who's a foreign national, wants to influence who runs our country?

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

morcus

posted on 10/3/10 at 11:24 PM Reply With Quote
They always go on about MP's pay saying its got to be high enough to attract 'proffesionals' from the Private sector. I think this is completly wrong as you should be an MP for the money, I'd do it for £12K a year.

I think we'd get better MP's if we payed them less as we wouldn't be attracting 'Proffessionals' who want to run the country as a business.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 10/3/10 at 11:52 PM Reply With Quote
A few nurses have said this " so dam tired dont know how ur expected to look after 30 patients with 4 staff" and the quip came back sometimes its three

whitestu

posted on 11/3/10 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

They always go on about MP's pay saying its got to be high enough to attract 'proffesionals' from the Private sector.

The whole MP pay thing is a false argument. Look at how much TB now earns. Would he really be earning that much if he hadn't been PM? We could get plenty of 'proper' professionals in for the salary on offer.

designer

posted on 11/3/10 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
It's about time the public sector sufferred!

30% of council tax goes toward the 'inflation linked' pensions of the public sector. Whereas my pension pot goes up and down like a yoyo.

AND I am not against these; BUT everybody who works through their life, should get the same, public or private sector.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Hellfire

posted on 11/3/10 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
Just being pedantic...

How can 2% be snivelling if 1.5% is whopping?...

2% of £19,000 = £380 (Snivelling)
1.5% of £60,000 = £900 (Whopping) in comparison

Phil

Peteff

posted on 11/3/10 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote
This is where percentage based rises fall down in their operation. Many years ago the government instigated a rise of £6 across the board and at the time that was a fifth of my weekly wage. I worked as a Civil Serpent for a couple of years and can honestly say that the higher up the tree they get the less they do. The manager of the office I was in, I think his title was HEO at the time, used to sit with his desk facing us reading the Financial Times just to rub it in. Add to the equation that the higher salary they finish on the more pension they get, which also comes out of the public pot not like your company pension and you can understand why people do not have a lot of sympathy for them.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Jasper

posted on 11/3/10 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
its 2% more than me - and i got made redundant this year.

2% more than the g/f has had in the last 3 years.

Civil servants are so hard done by - if the job is that bad, get a job in the real world and see what its like with sod all protection, pay rises, benefits.

(part of this rant is from the civil servants i know who wouldn't know a hard days work if a manager stood in front of them and pointed it out step by sodding step).

Yeah - and you trying sacking a public sector worker, almost impossible!! We had a cleaner on the NHW ward I worked on years ago, she was truly horribly to everyone, patients and staff, they had LOTS of reason to sack her, but could they? She even ran over a nurses foot with the cleaning trolley on purpose .... they FINALLY moved her to an area with no patients in....... but couldn't sack her.

I don't think many people have much sympathy for your average public sector worker, (except the obvious nurses, etc) we all know they have an easy life compared to the rest of us.

A mate of mine is a PR consultant and regularly works with civil servants in gorvernent departments. He used to work for the DRC - Disability Right Commission, when they disbanded after being in operation a few years all the staff there got excellent severance pay as they closed down the dept, up to two years money in some cases, they ALL went straight on to work in other government depts and kept their huge payoffs...

Rant over ......

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

richardh

posted on 11/3/10 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
MikeR +1 for me

Time for a change!

cd.thomson

posted on 11/3/10 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
yeah, i hate public sector workers too

I often wonder - if people think it is so awesome, why dont you get a job with the NHS or council?

http://www.jobs.nhs.uk

its dead easy, fill in you CV once then you get bash it off to as many vacancies as you want.

I'm not pro-public or private sector, don't have the experience to be either, but if the jobs are all fairytales then apply for them!

Craig

boggle

posted on 11/3/10 at 03:00 PM Reply With Quote
my sister works in the prison service...

not a nice job.....

my bro in law is a trainee paramedic...

16k a year fighting off junkies and drunks...but he doesnt complain.....

just because you are a character, doesnt mean you have character....

for all your bespoke parts, ali welding, waterjet, laser, folding, turning, milling, composite work, spraying, anodising and cad drawing....

u2u me for details

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

Jasper

posted on 11/3/10 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
Front one services are defintiely excluded from my rant, actaully I'm talking more about civil servants than anybody who gets paid by the government if you know what I mean.

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

clockwork

posted on 11/3/10 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
I'm currently a civil servant in IT looking for another job (though currently still employed).
I have worked predominantly in the private sector prior to making the move to the public sector.
My view is that the civil service is comparable to many mature large businesses. And like mature large businesses is run completely differently to smaller/midsize companies:

Small to midsize companies have to be lean and dynamic, and make every-one earn their pay.
In the good times the pay is generally very good, however, in the lean times everyone is fighting for their job, the workload shoots up. People are made redundant very quickly. Staff turnover can be quite high.

Larger businesses (banks excluded), generally have very progressive payscales that are embedded. There may be some form of profit sharing, but wages are generally incremented in-line with inflation. In a downturn, jobs are shed, but generally much less savagely. People stay at large companies for longer (generally due to good terms of employment).

Two thoughts I always have when people talk about how lazy civil servants are:
1) If it such a cushy number, why don't you work there (mentioned previously).
2) Are you really that confident that 520,000* people are lazy.

* Current workforce est 29,000,000.
5,800,000 in the public sector.
520,000 in the civil service. (as of Nov 09)

Just a thought:
How many people think their managers or their managers-managers are making the correct decisions?

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin.
"Well if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear" Morons the world over.

Locost/Kit builders info and FAQ website:- www.carbuilders.info

zilspeed

posted on 11/3/10 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
I'm not employed by the civil service.

I do however work in Local Government.

There are some of us who really do their very best to help people and provide a service - that's what we're paid to do - help people - and I remind myself of that fact every single day in life.

Yes, there are people who couldn't last very long "in the real world", but equally so, lots of us have had plenty of experience in the real world too. I worked for years in the building trade under the worst possible conditions, so I've been there.

Within our organisation.
Who looks after your granny's house after the hip op, fixing it up so she can still live in it safely ? That'll be us.
Or providing a family with a disable child with all of the facilities they need so they can all live in their home and for it to meet their needs ? That's us too.

Much as the private sector could provide all of these things, I think we try very very hard to do our best and are humble enough to realise who pays our wages...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.