Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Westfield Wide Body Screen/Scuttle Profile?
mccsp

posted on 11/3/10 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
Westfield Wide Body Screen/Scuttle Profile?

Hi,

Does anyone have a Westfield Wide Body Screen that they could get a lower edge profie from? I appreciate this is a large size. If someone can draw round one on a large piece of paper or Newsapaper, I would be more than happy to pay the postage.

I like the idea of fitting a Westfield Heated Screen to my Luego Velocity XT, using the Westfield fitting kit.

I don't want to spend that much money to find it doesn't fit.

Why do it the easy way, when I can do things my way!

MikeR

posted on 11/3/10 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
I've got a westfield screen of unknown age in my attic. I'm really busy, if no one can provide the answer u2u me next week and i'll see what i can do.
mccsp

posted on 11/3/10 at 12:59 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Mike!

JAMSTER

posted on 11/3/10 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
i have one your quite welcome to come and do it your self

[Edited on 11/3/10 by JAMSTER]

Andybarbet

posted on 11/3/10 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
I wouldnt mind hearing how you get on with this.
Ive got Westfield screen supports & the fibreglass fillet that covers the bottom outside of the screen & the washer stanchions, the profile & width of the screen fillet fits my velocity scuttle a treat.

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

mccsp

posted on 11/3/10 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
Jamster.

I will take you up on that offer. Let me know when is good for you.

Andy,
Where did you get the bits from?
Did you by the burgundy one on ebay recently?
How well do the stanchions fit the side of the scuttle panel?

Andybarbet

posted on 11/3/10 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
I got the supports and screen fillet from a local friend of a friend, quite a while ago now.
The stanchions i have from a westy seem to fit the scuttle profile well, i have a Luego screen with a crack in it just to use as a template but it isnt quite wide enough to fit in the westy supports, about 40-50mm to small across the bottom, im thinking that maybe the westy screen is slightly wider than the luego one, when i get round to it, i was going to do a cardboard template from a westfield to see if that would work.
Other option is to get a piece of glass cut to a wooden template from my car - only prob is i would have to wait until after IVA because it wont have any BS marks if i do that.
Im going to persevere as i really like the westy supports etc, they look really neat.
Let me know what you find out and if i get their first, i will do the same.

Your welcome to pop down with your scuttle and try my supports and fillet for size if you ever near Stevenage mate.

[Edited on 11/3/10 by Andybarbet]

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

mccsp

posted on 11/3/10 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
If I can get a template, I will send you a copy. You could then create a wooden template to try.

Does the fibreglass fillet fit as expected with no gaps to the stanchions when the stanchions are in place? That would give you good confidence that the winscreen will fit.

Andybarbet

posted on 11/3/10 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
The fillet tucks into the stanchions nicely when i put it on my scuttle, i havent been able to look closely at a westy one yet to know if the fillet tucks right into the screen supports or just half inch or so ??
I just need to pop round a friends house and have a good look at his westy when i get a mo.
I was told they wont fit a Luego but my trials so far seem to sway towards it being possible - just need to find the right size screen or can get one made up relatively cheap.
I think the only thing that may stop the westy screen fitting is the fact that if you look straight at a westy, the sides of the screen are quite upright whereas i think it may need a screen that has the sides angling in a bit becaue the stanchions seem to fit better when they lean in towards each other ( if this makes sense ?)

[Edited on 11/3/10 by Andybarbet]

nike5

posted on 19/3/10 at 11:43 PM Reply With Quote
MCCSP have you got the answer you need - otherwise I can either measure mine.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.