Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: PHPBB - Bit of help needed
greenwood03

posted on 13/3/10 at 06:28 AM Reply With Quote
PHPBB - Bit of help needed

Wondering if there's anyone here on the LCB site that could give me a few moments of their time to try and help me sort a few things out with a PHPBB based forum.
I've got one linked to southernkitcars.com and have managed to learn ( being a numpty ) how to make a few changes to templates etc. However really want to make the site a bit easier on the eye ( bit of colour to the pages ), bit more interesting ( perhaps an image or random images in the top banner ), more usable ( calendar function) and finally to get it to open a URL link in a new window - rather than navigating away from the forum and having to use the 'back' button on the browser to return.
I'm guessing that most of those things are probably easy when you know how!

If there's a kind soul on here that wouldnt mind having a chat on the phone to help me understand what bits i need to be adjuting/playing with - i'd be very grateful. Happy to learn - just don't want to mess up!!!
Thx Mark G

http://southernkitcars.comIntermarque Club for owners in the South/South East

ashg

posted on 13/3/10 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
hi mark i have setup a couple of phpbb forums. could always pop round one day after a drive out and see if we can work it out.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.