Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rover v8 loom
Arthur T

posted on 4/4/10 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
Rover v8 loom

so i have got my self a Rover V8 and a loom
but finding it hard to work out what wires go where anyone got the wiring loom diagram of some phots of the loom with info?

Paul (Notts)

posted on 4/4/10 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
Is it a Carb or efi engine.

If EFI what type.

Paul

mark chandler

posted on 4/4/10 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
If its an EFI loom you have two sorts you can use, flappy box or MAFF on earlier engines.

If its a later GEMS or THOR system from a P38 rangerover forget it as these are tied into the cars BECM and security stuff.

Assuming its an earlier one:

You just need to position and see how it falls on the engine, mostly will be self explanatory.

You then get a fat bunch of wires that go through the bulkhead with a big grommet, mid way along this is a plug with around 5 wires within it, the loom carries on to a few relays and the EFI multipin plug.

All you need to do once plugged up is provide permanent power, switched power and an earth to the middle plug with 5 wires, not all are needed!

The ECU does not have a crank sensor, it just tosses in fuel with RPM, there will be a wire up front that goes towards the coil that picks this up.

Regards Mark

Big Stu

posted on 4/4/10 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
This Link shows the diagram for a 3.9 efi 1984 onwards. This was for the flapper type airflow meter. and this one is for the mass air flow meter.
Arthur T

posted on 4/4/10 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
thanks guy's

its a hot wire type, i believe its from a 3.9 but the bloke who sold it wo me was a WAN*ER
as the engine was meant to be a 3.9 and i have now found out that its a 3.5 so hoping it still fits.

i will take some pics and add them as i am still a tad lost with the wires that enter inside the kit car.

mark chandler

posted on 5/4/10 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
Early discoveries had 3.5 with hotwire, the loom etc is all the same.

Just grab the bit of loom with the big olug on and work towards the engine side, a couple of foot in you will find the small multiplug as I described above, this and the EFI live within, everything else is engine bay.

Regards Mark

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.