Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ring trip
joolsmi16

posted on 5/4/10 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
ring trip

Hi all, need some help planning a trip to the ring in the summer came across these http://ringweekends.com/

Need some info advise on which company to use, or just turn up with places to stay etc..

Thanks

Jools

andylancaster3000

posted on 5/4/10 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
I've been two or three trips though we've never used any such company. Planned one myself for over 20 people infact but it really doesn't take any planning.

Way we usually do it (Uni club):

- Check dates and times the circuit is open as well as any large events you might want to see/avoid and plan around them.
- Get everyone to book a certain ferry.
- Pre-warn camping am nurburgring that you are coming and for how many.
- Travel over in convoy.
- Enjoy.

Another suggestion I'd make is take out ADAC breakdown cover as they're the only people who'll cover you for breakdown recovery from the circuit; its a lot less than paying th normal recovery price should you need it!

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 5/4/10 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andylancaster3000
I've been two or three trips though we've never used any such company. Planned one myself for over 20 people infact but it really doesn't take any planning.

Way we usually do it (Uni club):

- Check dates and times the circuit is open as well as any large events you might want to see/avoid and plan around them.
- Get everyone to book a certain ferry.
- Pre-warn camping am nurburgring that you are coming and for how many.
- Travel over in convoy.
- Enjoy.

Another suggestion I'd make is take out ADAC breakdown cover as they're the only people who'll cover you for breakdown recovery from the circuit; its a lot less than paying th normal recovery price should you need it!

And make sure everyones got a euro enabled mobile.

on the ADAC recovery suggestion have you got details

hobbsy

posted on 5/4/10 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
Www.adac.de you can enable English
andylancaster3000

posted on 5/4/10 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
Never actually taken out myself to date (due to being unaware of it) but I think you just flash the card at the recovery truck driver and you don't pay for it. I also believe it covers for damage to circuit but please don't quote me on this!
joolsmi16

posted on 5/4/10 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
ring trip

sounds easy enough starting to plan my summer hols and always wanted to plan a trip, is there any clubs that run a trip over?
morcus

posted on 5/4/10 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
If I were going (I'd like to but not in my Panda) I'd just check the track was open and go, that said I think I could go there and back in a day If I had to (Don't know the specifics but no vaguely where it is on an outline of Germany) and my Godmother lives in Belgium and her husband does Brussels to Berlin and back in a day (For meeting or sales or something like that) so I could deffinitely do it that way.

I will do it some day but I need a suitable car, and some experience of going fast, I'm a little put of by what could happen at the moment but it seems to be a rite of passage.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

Steve Hignett

posted on 5/4/10 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
I planned a trip there, that was more like a holiday than purely a Ring trip.

We did 1 night in France, 3 at SLIDERS GUEST HOUSE and then 4 nights in Brussels on the way home.

I went with my brother (both of us on bikes) and my best mate (McLannahan on here) in his Golf GTI...

Because of the company, there was obviously no need to panic about getting the money up front, and that made it one of the easiest trips to plan for...

Sliders cater for bikers but are more than happy for cars to stay - great price for room, better for breakfast and better again for beer from the fridge, which was done on honesty...

My pics for the trip aren't the best as they don't concentrate on just the Ring part, but it was an awesome trip, and will be repeated within the next two years for definite!

It was my bro's Bday in Brussels and also the world cup footy was on, so we did do a small amount of partying!

http://www.p4nts.co.uk/nurburgring

ATB
Steve

DM

posted on 6/4/10 at 06:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andylancaster3000
I also believe it covers for damage to circuit but please don't quote me on this!

I'll quote you on that - it absolutely does NOT cover damage to the circuit :p

For new drivers at the ring my advice is:

treat it like a country lane rather than a race track
use your mirrors a lot, keep to the right
use indicators to show faster traffic that you know they're passing
keep in mind German road traffic laws apply and that you have no third party liabilty insurance so could spend the rest of your life paying for an accident

Also be aware of tighter controls on cars, no bonnet pins (?!), anything you can hit inside your car should be padded etc. Lots of cars get away with this but if they don't like the look of you these things can get you banned for the day

arrange your own place to stay, plenty to choose from

go fast, have fun!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.