Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: PVC windows edging
Minicooper

posted on 7/4/10 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
PVC windows edging

Hello all,
I have white PVC windows and I'm in the process of redoing the covering that tidies up the edges because it was badly done.
What is the proper adhesive to connect the pvc parts together, I initially thought it was the usual silicone sealant but it's not, so my question is what is it and where would I buy it from?

Cheers
David

avagolen

posted on 7/4/10 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
Hi David,
I can only report what the fitters of my windows did. They used two methods. In some places they used a super glue - the sort that they spray an activator on to make it set fast and in other places they used a thin double sided foam tape.

HTH

Len.

The Answer for everything, but never the last word....

stonefish1

posted on 10/4/10 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
ok i hope this helps.. being a fitter myself,, to stick plastic to plastic i would use a super glue & activator (can get messy) you can use a doublsided tape that is not a problem,, Sticking trims to the wall to finish of the inside reveal I would use an acrylic sealant sicks very well even on the head of a reveal.. Sealing plastic to plastic you can use silicone or stalmax ,, ok silicone will come away eventually and can look messy if you are no good with the silicone gun,,, now stalmax works more like a glue and you have to be a lot more precise with the way you use the gun cause it is a lot more runny and will need practice and it drys a look faster,, TIPS control of the trigger on the gun,, and cutting your nozzle to the correct size,,, take your time & buying the correct products form a trade window company not B&Q or places like that expensive and rubbish.... places like: venture, plastic centre, euro cell just to name a few.. hope this helps and good look
stonefish1

posted on 10/4/10 at 11:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stonefish1
ok i hope this helps.. being a fitter myself,, to stick plastic to plastic i would use a super glue & activator (can get messy) you can use a doublsided tape that is not a problem,, Sticking trims to the wall to finish of the inside reveal I would use an acrylic sealant sicks very well even on the head of a reveal.. Sealing plastic to plastic you can use silicone or stalmax ,, ok silicone will come away eventually and can look messy if you are no good with the silicone gun,,, now stalmax works more like a glue and you have to be a lot more precise with the way you use the gun cause it is a lot more runny and will need practice and it drys a look faster,, TIPS control of the trigger on the gun,, and cutting your nozzle to the correct size,,, take your time & buying the correct products form a trade window company not B&Q or places like that expensive and rubbish.... places like: venture, plastic centre, euro cell just to name a few.. hope this helps and good look

Eurocell
unit 18 Nelson way
Camberley
01276 671 901

Dont know how close that is to you just noticed your location was hampshire..

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.