Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rad Hose
rsmith95uk

posted on 15/4/10 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
Rad Hose

Hi,

can anyone confirm whether the large hoses between Pinto Thermostat / Pump and Rad is 32mm or 38mm.

Cheers
Ray

[Edited on 15/4/10 by rsmith95uk]

omega0684

posted on 15/4/10 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
themostat OD is 34mm,

Water pump housing is 40mm OD - i use a 40-34mm reducer straight off the water pump housing.

[Edited on 15/4/10 by omega0684]

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rsmith95uk

posted on 15/4/10 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
thanks for that - now need to get browsing for the bits I need to fit my polo rad!
Cheers
Ray

karlak

posted on 15/4/10 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rsmith95uk
thanks for that - now need to get browsing for the bits I need to fit my polo rad!
Cheers
Ray

Keep us updated - This is on my list of things to do also.

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

James

posted on 15/4/10 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
I thought the thermostat outlet was 32mm? Which is the same as the Polo inlet/outlet isn't it?

I may be (probably am) wrong though but worth a measure to be sure I'd have though.

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

rsmith95uk

posted on 15/4/10 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
James - I think that is probably what omega0684 is suggesting. He has quoted the outside diameter at 34mm so the inside diameter will be 32mm (or very close) which is probably what is quoted when buying hose.
Cheers
Ray

blakep82

posted on 15/4/10 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
34mm hose is quite annoying. really struggling to find 35mm (the nearest) hose joiners at reasonable price. been buying hose off ebay, they have blue in most parts, except the 35mm bits i need...

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

omega0684

posted on 15/4/10 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
James - I think that is probably what omega0684 is suggesting. He has quoted the outside diameter at 34mm so the inside diameter will be 32mm (or very close) which is probably what is quoted when buying hose.
Cheers
Ray

you can use 32mm hose as it will be nice and tight around the thermastat outlet, i use one of THESE (LINKY) and cut one side right down then stick a 90 degree bend after it, then a straight section, job done for the top hose!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
omega0684

posted on 15/4/10 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Cheers
Ray

you can use 32mm hose as it will be nice and tight around the thermastat outlet, i use one of THESE (LINKY) and cut one side right down then stick a 90 degree bend after it, then a straight section, job done for the top hose!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.