Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Getting in contact with MK (unanswered emails)
HappyFather

posted on 16/4/10 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
Getting in contact with MK (unanswered emails)

Hello,

Just wondering if this is normal or what...

I'm in the process of sorting my shortlist of Seven kit makers to select the one I'll be building.

I sent twice an email to MK, to the address listed on the website. The email had no attachments and came from a gmail address. Sent over 2 weeks ago and resent in the beginning of this week. Haven't had a reply up to now... Is it common practice for prospecting mails to go unanswered?

Please tell me your experience on this...

Thank you very much,
HappyFather

P.S. - Before someone suggests me to call them... I don't want to spend 1£ per minute to grab the attention of someone that should be interested in talking with me to sell me stuff...

ashg

posted on 16/4/10 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
the point you are missing is that all the kitcar companies get somany emails from so many dreamers they dont have time to reply because they are busy.

i would suggest you go to stoneleigh narrow down your list of what you want then go visit them for a test drive

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

locostbuyer83

posted on 16/4/10 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
i had a call from MK recently, my email was in their junk folder, ring them mate.
A1

posted on 16/4/10 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
call them. theyre really helpful if you do.
Bluemoon

posted on 16/4/10 at 01:08 PM Reply With Quote
They are not good on e-mail. Remember they are a small company and would need someone fully employed as a receptionist, and that would make the kit's more expensive. I would phone or go for a bigger more expensive manufacture (westfeild ect...).

I guess they like fabrication rather than e-mail!

Dan

Breaker

posted on 16/4/10 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by locostbuyer83
i had a call from MK recently, my email was in their junk folder, ring them mate.

² Just call them...my e-mail(s) was also in their junk folder.

HappyFather

posted on 16/4/10 at 02:16 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks all for the replies! I'll phone them to request them to get my emails out of their junk folder.

I'm hoping I'll be in Stoneleigh (have plane, hotel and rental tin-top booked and paied, hope the ash cloud doesn't ruin the plans) to talk with the manufacturers and builders.

But I want to be sure emails are answered, since I'll be building nights and weekends, need a way to ask for help that I can use off-hours and get the replies without intrusion on my workplace.

By the way, if a company (big or small) announces an email address as a point of contact, they should answer it. Other small kit manufacturers have replied to mails.

Best regards,
HappyFather

AndyW

posted on 16/4/10 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
I recently ordered a kit (at detling show) and I went for the manufacturer that gave best service on the day. None of them knew I had the money in my pocket so the one who showed interest in me and my money got the order. I take the same view to peolpe who cant be bothered to answer e-mails. Especially as they put it on the web site. If they are too busy to answer then dont put the address on web. Thats just plain rude.

Rant over.....

YQUSTA

posted on 16/4/10 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
I don't care how big or small a company is not answering e-mail's and phone calls is not on.

If they want people to buy thier cars/parts then they should be more active in their responses.

For some reason because it is a kitcar makes people think this is OK, GTS have a bad rep for the same things

"If in doubt flat out"

Colin McRae

Bluemoon

posted on 16/4/10 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HappyFather
Thanks all for the replies! I'll phone them to request them to get my emails out of their junk folder.

I'm hoping I'll be in Stoneleigh (have plane, hotel and rental tin-top booked and paied, hope the ash cloud doesn't ruin the plans) to talk with the manufacturers and builders.

But I want to be sure emails are answered, since I'll be building nights and weekends, need a way to ask for help that I can use off-hours and get the replies without intrusion on my workplace.

By the way, if a company (big or small) announces an email address as a point of contact, they should answer it. Other small kit manufacturers have replied to mails.

Best regards,
HappyFather

Things to note though are that you can ask on here about anything you need to know about the collective of locos-builders will be able to help (probably quickest way even if MK answer you e-mails, you can get a reply in an hour or less nearly 24/7). MK build manual is better than it was as well, have a chat to them in person in May as well as the other manufactures.

Also take a look at the built examples people have brought along, says a lot about the kits/quality ect...

Dan

[Edited on 16/4/10 by Bluemoon]

Breaker

posted on 16/4/10 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bluemoon
MK build manual is better than it was as well,

Oh, there is a MK build manual ?
Can someone mail this manual to me ?

scootz

posted on 16/4/10 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
I've never really understood the 'slack' we give to kit car manufacturers regarding poor communication.

As my old boss used to say... 'busy is not an excuse'!

It's Evolution Baby!

HappyFather

posted on 16/4/10 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Breaker
quote:

On their new website, go to "News -> Reviews" and it's there available for download. It's 2Mb.

Don't know if it is the "new manual" since I never saw the old one

HappyFather

James

posted on 16/4/10 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Best regards,
HappyFather

Frankly, whichever manufacturer, you're much off asking on here!

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

mads

posted on 16/4/10 at 04:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

just read through it online (less than 5mins).... you are better off just posting your Qs on here me thinks!

morcus

posted on 16/4/10 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
Have you tried writing to them? I don't like talking on the phone so I write a lot of letters and it usually will get you better replies than any other form of communication, how many times have you written a long email and got a one sentence reply? and how many times has that happened through the post? If you outline your intentions you might even be able to get them to email or phone you.

As said above, seek them out at shows. Any thing you can buy at an event will save you money (And not just car stuff, litterally anything). I don't know how they work it but they'll probably have a target number of kits to sell on the weekend so you might be able to get a better deal by going as late as possible to actually order, I recon there were some real deals to be had at Detling and I'm sure I saw a sign offering 10% off on something.

I'm moving house in 2 month and looking to stat shortly after and I've been considering an Indy, as I want something a little out of the ordinary I'm planning on writing to them.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

franky

posted on 16/4/10 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James
quote:

Best regards,
HappyFather

Frankly, whichever manufacturer, you're much off asking on here!

Cheers,
James

If you want that kind of support you need to buy a GKD legend/evolution as peters phone is never off to owners. Compared to another kit I use to own its like night and day.

Bluemoon

posted on 16/4/10 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mads
quote:
quote:

just read through it online (less than 5mins).... you are better off just posting your Qs on here me thinks!

I would agree, but there is really not a lot in there, but on the other had it tells you the basics the rest is common sense...

Dan

HappyFather

posted on 19/4/10 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
After calling them on the phone on Saturday morning and resending my email a 3rd time, I got a reply today. Let's hope it gets smoother from now on.

As for all the help offers you guys posted, thank you very much, and I'll take them later on when I start building. But for now I really need MK to be the one replying to my emails, since my questions are regarding their services and not the build itself.

Best regards,
HappyFather

vincetheone

posted on 9/5/10 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
Hi all,
i've got the same problem. they don't read the email.... Sometimes they read, sometimes not. I'm trying to approved my car in "france", and i need some papers, i've ask them by phone, they say, ask us by email but no answer.

Davegtst

posted on 9/5/10 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
I put a deposit down at Stoneleigh and i'm waiting for a quote by email. Apparently the fella who 'drives the computor' is off and the rest of them don't have a licence lol.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.