Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: crazy or not?
Matysiak

posted on 19/4/10 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
crazy or not?

I have managed to source what i thought was a bargain, but now i am not so sure. It's a live axle LS diff from an Alfa Berlina. The only problem is the ratio, it's a 3.29.

I am running a mildly tuned crossflow (around 120 bhp) through a type 9. The car is mainly a track toy but is used on the road as well. I am currently running a 3.89 and the car is pretty lively. Will the alfa axle be okay or should i continue my search for the 4.1 that i thought this axle was?

02GF74

posted on 19/4/10 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
what is it you are tryuingto achieve?

if you are looking for higher ration (from 3.89 to 4.1) then you reduce top speed but increase acceleration trhough the gears.

but since you have a 3.21, you do the opposite, i.e. potential for higher top speed and not so good acceleration wise i.e. less livley as you call it.

phelpsa

posted on 19/4/10 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like you're going to have to fit a bike engine to take advantage of the diff while you're at it.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Matysiak

posted on 19/4/10 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
I am not worried about the extra top speed, i just need to better understand if the acceleration is going to be bad?

anyone using a similar ratio diff with a similar power output?

blakep82

posted on 19/4/10 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
i think zilspeed had a similar diff ratio. might be worth asking him how it was

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.