Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Steering column
Wumps

posted on 28/4/10 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
Steering column

Hi all,

The sierra column and linkage currently fitted on my car is a bit wobbly and fouls the oil filter so I am on the hunt for a complete sierra column but have had little success finding any in good nick under £60.

Would this scorpio one be a direct replacement, I will be replacing the current bulk head so mounting holes won't be a problem.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-SCORPIO-STEERING-WHEEL-COLUMN-STALKS-KITCAR-/320512150442?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=it em4aa0034baa

Cheers for any advice

Tatey

posted on 28/4/10 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
I was recently on the hunt of a complete sierra column. It seemed like an impossible task to get one for under £60, however one popped up on ebay and I won the auction for £12.07, result if you ask me.

However on my search I learned that the scorpio and granada mk3 steering columns are pretty similar to the sierra ones. So you should be fine with buying a scorpio one. However the mounting method may be slightly different (dont quote me on this though).

Wumps

posted on 28/4/10 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, yes they do all look very similar. I'd like to hold out for a sierra one so its a like for like, and also i know you can easily change the stalks on the sierra one to nice jazzy ones lol
austin man

posted on 28/4/10 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
have you thought about changing the bushes ??

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.