Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Digidash 2 & Charge Light
Bumble

posted on 1/5/10 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
Digidash 2 & Charge Light

Probably a stupid question but hopefully an easy one for those of you that have fitted Digidash 2's.........
How do you run the charge cable from the alt to the Digidash as there's no input for it?
Thanks,
Matt

mgmiller

posted on 1/5/10 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
You don't run it to the digidash. The digidash does not need it.

You will need the charge fail signal to a lamp instead. I put my lamp under the dash.

Bumble

posted on 1/5/10 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mgmiller
You don't run it to the digidash. The digidash does not need it.

You will need the charge fail signal to a lamp instead. I put my lamp under the dash.

Hi mgmiller......thanks for the reply.

Is charge fail signal a requirement for IVA?
How did you wire it up?
Cheers,
Matt

turbodisplay

posted on 1/5/10 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
You need a resistor or a lamp to draw current to energise the field winding in the alternator.
On my dash I use a 47ohm 3w resistor and it works perfectly.
Just connect one wire of resistor to the alternator, an the other to a switched positive supply.
Darren

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Frosty

posted on 1/5/10 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
Are you talking about the Race Technology Dash2? If so, it does have a charge fault input.

The light illuminates when the voltage is 0v on the green/brown wire on connector 1.

andrew_s

posted on 20/5/10 at 10:17 AM Reply With Quote
I needed to know the answer to this as I thought, where will i connect the charge warning light wire to, as its an r1 it doesnt norally have one, however i had not opened the box, having looked through the instructions and the loom, allthough there is a battery warning light on the dash,theres no cable, i guess the vaule is set through the software once you have it plugged in and powered up, a satge i am yet to reach, i will worry about it then, not sure if thats any help.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.