Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GTS NEWS!
ChrisS

posted on 14/5/04 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
GTS NEWS!

How gutted am i.

Anyone got any news about the latest GTS news.

PS this is not meant as scare mongering or bad mouthing of GTS. Im just curious if anyone else knows more than i do.

[Edited on 14/5/04 by ChrisS]

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 14/5/04 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
what news, is it bad?
Please tell me, why don't I know already???????????????????
PARANOIA

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

tom_loughlin

posted on 14/5/04 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
yeah, i know there is news, but dont know any more.
well gutted about my kit!
hope everything is ok

mandy69

posted on 14/5/04 at 06:56 PM Reply With Quote
Not heard any news but GTS was one of those on the list that i tried to contact and received no answer, not even a return call.

Mandy.

I love speed :-P

posted on 14/5/04 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
i hope it isnt bad, as the products i have had from gts/triton have been fanstic, and the guys, darren, mark are the best

is this news 4 gts or triton or both

[Edited on 14/5/2004 by I love speed :-P]

Don't Steal
The Government doesn’t like the competition

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JoelP

posted on 14/5/04 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
so everyone says there is news, but the main news is that everyone thinks there is news? sounds good to me...

nothing like a game of chinese whispers. any comment from either darren or mark? or a pointer from anyone else?

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

mandy69

posted on 14/5/04 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
I have just gone back to check those links some kindly posted up here and the gts one has a link to pictures for the locost but nothing there of the locost it took me to pictures of something else.
ChrisS

posted on 14/5/04 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
well all ill say is that this morning i recieved an email saying that my kit order could not be forfilled due unforseen circumstances, and that maybe in the future but i dont know when GTS kits maybe available.
I was also told that my deposit would be returned.

Thats all i know.

PS not trying to create any chinese whispers, or create ill feeling.

tom_loughlin

posted on 14/5/04 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
yeah chris, i had exactly the same - ordered my kit about 6weeks ago - they had started to make it too including a custom roll bar, and in my email too, darren said i would get my complete deposit back.
Wadders

posted on 14/5/04 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
wonder if this has anything to do with it ? whatever "it" is
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=13542

i]Originally posted by JoelP
so everyone says there is news, but the main news is that everyone thinks there is news? sounds good to me...

nothing like a game of chinese whispers. any comment from either darren or mark? or a pointer from anyone else?

[Edited on 14/5/04 by Wadders]

ChrisS

posted on 14/5/04 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
I dont get the link between GTS and MAC#1?
ChrisS

posted on 14/5/04 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
So Tom, what are you going to do now, hang on or look at another manufacturer?
Wadders

posted on 14/5/04 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
Err, 5th post down?

i]Originally posted by ChrisS

tom_loughlin

posted on 14/5/04 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
chris, i really dont know what im going to do now. i made a point of the car being readt for collection on june1st - as im at uni now, and want the whole summer to work on the kit. i think the GTS is definitely the one i want to go for, but i cant really afford to hang in there and wait and see what happens, as i can only work on the car in the summer - and want it ready for next easter.
Money is a problem, the GTS was the cheapest kit, and i found the company very very helpful.
What are you going to do??
cheers
tom

ChrisS

posted on 14/5/04 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tom_loughlin
chris, i really dont know what im going to do now. i made a point of the car being readt for collection on june1st - as im at uni now, and want the whole summer to work on the kit. i think the GTS is definitely the one i want to go for, but i cant really afford to hang in there and wait and see what happens, as i can only work on the car in the summer - and want it ready for next easter.
Money is a problem, the GTS was the cheapest kit, and i found the company very very helpful.
What are you going to do??
cheers
tom

Ive got no idea what im going to do now, i guess im going to just start that search agiain, although possibly the nearest thing might be an MK Indy or maybe a MAC#1 kit, but i cant find any kit prices on the MAC#1 web site, so not sure on costs.

Anyone got any ideas?

blueshift

posted on 14/5/04 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
Uh oh.
I don't know what this is all about, but I hope I can still get a dedion axle..

hope doz has a comment soon..

mandy69

posted on 14/5/04 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
Oh dear it makes sense
DavidM

posted on 14/5/04 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
The GTS Website still appears to be taking orders. Nearly bought a rolling chassis by accident.
knobber

posted on 14/5/04 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
Hi All,

I was due to order a rolling chassis kit from gts later this month but as i see there maybe problems?
Being my first time on the forum i expected more items on this car from what i was told by gts at the show.

ChrisS

posted on 14/5/04 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
Take a look at the Triton Sportscars web page, looks like all links to GTS Locost have been removed.

Maybe although GTS cant supply kits, business may be as usual for parts.
Thats why i was asking in my original post if anyone knew anything more than i did.

Mark Allanson

posted on 14/5/04 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
The problem seems to be clear to everyone else, what 'exactly' is going on?

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

Cazzy R

posted on 14/5/04 at 10:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChrisS

Its my understanding that Triton make chassis for Mac#1 and GTS.
Maybe Triton can't keep up with demand and have chosen to favour their original customer.....Mac#1???
That's a guess on my belhalf I'm sure that all will be revealed eventually

nicklondon

posted on 15/5/04 at 06:26 AM Reply With Quote
i hope we hear somthing soon.i had decided that a gts was for me.
dozracing

posted on 15/5/04 at 07:37 AM Reply With Quote
Hi all,

Well what a lot of posts in such a short time!! Its the most GTS has ever had written about it in a day.

To quell the rumours.

The temporary (and i underline the temporary bit) halt to production of steel fabricated components is due to some personal problems with one of our partners. Families have to come first in peoples lives.

Now we were going to soldier on a honour the kit orders that we have, but, we felt it more honourable to cancel them rather than delay. When someones hearts not in it for whatever reason you'll never be able to get them to produce their best, and we have a good reputation for quality parts and i'm not willing to risk this.

Essentially GTS has been operating on a wing and prayer in terms of human resource available to make stuff. We had too much success too quickly and we have never been able to stop for a second and build stock of popular parts so they can go out the door quickly and painlessly. So i have taken this oppotunity to address that situation, and i think the timing is right. We now have so much experience and understanding of our products that i can be 100% confident to make large batches.

I am also taken the oppotunity to expand our capabilities, and also to develop new features for the car.

We will almost certainly be back up and running making suspension parts by the end of next week, and the chassis' maybe back in production by the end of the following week, but, to be safe i have asked people to allow around 4 weeks.

Expect to see pull rod front suspension, revised geometry, revised DeDion rear end and bodywork/cooling developments before the end of the year. I'm also looking at a motorsport pack so that customers can compete very well in the various kit car championships.

Bodywork has been a long lead time item recently. Due to manufacturing parts for other kit manufacturers as well as GTS the GRP chap has been swamped (Stoneliegh didn't help) but this backlog should be cleared 1st week of June, at which time i expect to make duplicate moulds so more parts can go out quicker.

The commercial parts are still available largely from stock and can go out typical within a few days.

Put it all down to growing pains, we'll be bigger and better in a few weeks.

Kind regards,

Darren

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dozracing

posted on 15/5/04 at 07:45 AM Reply With Quote
Hi all,

To clear up.

GTS never made the Mac1. Triton used to, but, dropped them earlier this year for whatever reason.

Triton was never mentioned in the early days because of the potential for it to upset Mac etc.. When Triton dropped Mac then we started to introduce the Triton name again because there was no longer a conflict of interest. Anyone visiting Stoneliegh would have seen the name GTS-Triton as this seemed the least confusing way of naming the company and bringing back the Triton name.

Kind regards,
Darren

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.