Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: hello scotland !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thunderace

posted on 12/5/10 at 11:07 AM Reply With Quote
hello scotland !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mookaloid

posted on 12/5/10 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote

he he you should have put the scottish nationalists in then

enjoy

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

55ant

posted on 12/5/10 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
hahaha.

away from cars, now cycling and building TT bikes

britishtrident

posted on 12/5/10 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
Don't be fooled the real PM is Clegg not that I see any difference just Tony Blair Mk2 & MK3 we are all doomed.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

MikeFellows

posted on 12/5/10 at 11:40 AM Reply With Quote
your laughing at them, but not only do they have a PM they dont want, they also got gordon brown back yesterday

hahahhahaha

chrsgrain

posted on 12/5/10 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
Remeber he has no input on agriculture, fisheries and forestry, economic development, education, environment, food standards, health, home affairs, Scots law – courts, police and fire services, local government, sport and the arts, transport, training, tourism, research and statistics and social work, most of social policy, education and health.....

Whereas all of the Scottish MP's (including the 11 Liberal MP's who are helping hold the Government together) have the right to speak, act and vote on ALL of the above issues when they come up for debate to affect the English. Those debates, votes and laws that come from them do not and cannot affect the constituents who voted them in.....

fair - I don't think so....

Chris

Spoing! - the sound of an irony meter breaking...

smart51

posted on 12/5/10 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
It isn't just Scotland that doesn't like the Conservatives, Urban Northern England, Urban South Wales and Urban West Midlands and the South West are also Labour / Lib Dem coloured parts of the Country. NI isn't fond of the Tories either.

Look at it this way. Would you rather have a a Tory government or a Tory government tempered by the Lib Dems?

LoMoss

posted on 12/5/10 at 12:08 PM Reply With Quote
If I was you lot, I would tell us to wee off and run Scotland ourselves. How you would laugh as it would be like switching the lights off here.

We were a union for a very good reason, bugger about with it and someone will throw the toys out the pram.

Moss

mad4x4

posted on 12/5/10 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LoMoss
If I was you lot, I would tell us to wee off and run Scotland ourselves. How you would laugh as it would be like switching the lights off here.

We were a union for a very good reason, bugger about with it and someone will throw the toys out the pram.

Moss

If scotland does go it alone then Scotland should keep all the revenue from the Scottish oil and sell it to England at exorberant prices..... Like England have done to us for years.......!

Scot's do it better in Kilts.

MK INDY's Don't Self Centre Regardless of MK Setting !

britishtrident

posted on 12/5/10 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
Just to point out "the West Lothian Question" was first raised by a then Scottish MP (Tam Dayell founder member of old Labour's "awkward squad".

The SNP have always had a policy not to interfere in commons votes on England only issues.

To illustrate how little the Conservative party understand Scotland 20 years or so ago Mrs Thatcher realised how unpopular the Conservative party had become in Scotland so she went on a charm offensive and visited Glasgow, one of the people she met there was a maker of Gaelic TV programs who compared bitterly how little money was spent on the Gaelic language and Gaelic TV. Seeing thisv as a way to buy popularity and votes Mrs Thatcher used to thinking in billions responded by offering an increase 20 million pounds each year to be spent on Gaelic TV. Up to that point about £200,000 had been spent on Gaelic TV every year, the effect of that crazy 20million pound increase has been to bombard every home in Scotland with Gaelic TV that only the nutters want and create a "Gaelic Mafia" that controls scottish broadcasting.

[/I]

britishtrident

posted on 12/5/10 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mad4x4
quote:

Moss

If scotland does go it alone then Scotland should keep all the revenue from the Scottish oil and sell it to England at exorberant prices..... Like England have done to us for years.......!

Too late they already syphoned the tank almost dry.

[/I]

britishtrident

posted on 12/5/10 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
snip

Moss

The idea of the Union of the Parliments to get equal access to exploiting the colonies, but we ended up as cannon fodder.

[/I]

cd.thomson

posted on 12/5/10 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
scotland is england is britain is the UK is Europe is Eurasia is the Northern Hemisphere is the whole world. The only thing that differentiates you from me is an accent and a line on a map.

Whats the point of bickering over this stuff.

Bin patriotism and religion and we'll be a very successful civilisation in deed.

[Edited on 12/5/10 by cd.thomson]

Craig

RK

posted on 12/5/10 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
Mr Trident: I see that you are adhering to the old standard that the world is falling apart exponentially faster, as the years go by in your own life! It may be seen as a normal course of events, therefore there is no real need to stress. Since drugs and booze don't really work, the only antidote is to not read the newspapers, and not watch the news on the idiot box.

Best of luck to you all!

55ant

posted on 12/5/10 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Bin patriotism and religion and we'll be a very successful civilisation in deed.

cant disagree with that. makes no differance what we say anyway, just sit back and enjoy the ride.

away from cars, now cycling and building TT bikes

thunderace

posted on 12/5/10 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
forget the oil
there taking the water now
i have been told they reuse there water in england up to 9 times,but i think its not true ?

britishtrident

posted on 12/5/10 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thunderace
forget the oil
there taking the water now
i have been told they reuse there water in england up to 9 times,but i think its not true ?

No they are talking pee.

[/I]

norfolkluego

posted on 12/5/10 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cd.thomson
scotland is england is britain is the UK is Europe is Eurasia is the Northern Hemisphere is the whole world. The only thing that differentiates you from me is an accent and a line on a map.

Whats the point of bickering over this stuff.

I have a Scottish Mother in Law, that's one reason

Badger_McLetcher

posted on 12/5/10 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cd.thomson

I disagree to an extent. Religion is fine, as long as you keep it to yourself. As is patriotism- all well and good, as long as it doesn't become jingoism.
But yes, if those two factors played a lesser role I can't argue that much more could be accomplished.

If disfunction is a function, then I must be some kind of genius.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.