Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cant SVA - what to do!?!?!
supermoto

posted on 12/5/10 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
Cant SVA - what to do!?!?!

We have built a GTS TL1000R engine car and we tried to get it through the SVA and passed everything bar the emmissions. we did everything we could to get it through, power commander, rolling road set ups but couldnt get the damn thing to pass on everything at the same time. it was either lambda or CO but not both at once!

it is going to cost money we dont have anymore to IVA the thing due to no reverse etc and really need to start again with engine gear box drive train to get it through. p'ed off doesnt come close.

what do you think our options are at this point.
please help, i need to play.........

[Edited on 12/5/10 by supermoto]

daviep

posted on 12/5/10 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
Best advice I can give is to delete this post asap and then have a search on here for posts about "ringers"

Regards
Davie

snapper

posted on 12/5/10 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
Donor Reg and donor V5 is illegal, if you are caught they can do you for every thing and confiscate your car.
Get it rolling road set up to pass emissions or look to borrow an engine that has passed

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

eddie99

posted on 12/5/10 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
Yup dont do anything illegal. Best bet is to get it setup somewhere that really know what their doing. Don't give up. It will be worth it when done!

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
supermoto

posted on 12/5/10 at 06:08 PM Reply With Quote
thanks guys,

anyone know a TL1000 expert!

Richard Quinn

posted on 12/5/10 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
I too had a few emissions issues. One of the problems is that a V Twin pulls a lot of air back into the exhaust in between the exhaust pulses. As a result, when everything else is pretty much spot on, the lambda can be well off! The probe of the tester needs to go as for as possible into the exhaust and you might even need to make a bit of a shroud up to cover half of the exhaust outlet up too.
Change the oil before the test and make sure that you give it a good ragging before the test just to clear the oil of petrol and be prepared to do some "adjustments" to the Powercommander during the test if need be.

jossey

posted on 12/5/10 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
my mate paul is a Tl1000 expert he is based in wakefield

i can put you intouch with him and see if he can help you.

if for example you find a tl1000 that has passed then borrow it that would work but its very unethical and maybe illegal.

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
A1

posted on 12/5/10 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
borrow an engine thats passed...may be a bit naughty, but they screw us at every opportunity!
supermoto

posted on 12/5/10 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jossey
my mate paul is a Tl1000 expert he is based in wakefield

i can put you intouch with him and see if he can help you.

if for example you find a tl1000 that has passed then borrow it that would work but its very unethical and maybe illegal.

send me his details that'd be great! mind you there is now the issue of no reverse!

supermoto

posted on 12/5/10 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by A1
borrow an engine thats passed...may be a bit naughty, but they screw us at every opportunity!

might just borrow a car thats passed!!!

eznfrank

posted on 12/5/10 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
You could maybe get a 2nd hand electric reverse for the test? I would be inclined to sell mine once passed.
Dangle_kt

posted on 12/5/10 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
There is always the ugly option, of selling up as a track car and using the cash to buy a registered car, tuen swap the engine out to whatever you fancy.

Might be cheaper in the long run. Even if it sounds crap.

supermoto

posted on 12/5/10 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
that is an option, think the wife would use my balls as furry dice at that point though!
James

posted on 13/5/10 at 12:38 AM Reply With Quote
Silly question perhaps but why did you go with the TL1000 option in the 1st place?

Enough of a good reason not to go with something else?

Blade? R1? etc. etc.

Cheers,
James

[Edited on 13/5/10 by James]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

supermoto

posted on 13/5/10 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
i was tempted with a 2005 minardi engine making 918bhp that was on ebay but the drive shafts would keep falling off

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.