Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: whats the easiest route to go down? clocks, wiring?
buncefm

posted on 20/5/10 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
whats the easiest route to go down? clocks, wiring?

ive got 2ltr zetec so whats the best route to go down in regards to clocks and wiring, what are my options? could i use mondeo clocks?
dhutch

posted on 20/5/10 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by buncefm
ive got 2ltr zetec so whats the best route to go down in regards to clocks and wiring, what are my options? could i use mondeo clocks?

If it where me, get a set of second hand VDO's or similar. Ive never had any experience of using oem clocks outside of there car but even if its easy there always going look like where they came from.

Daniel

RazMan

posted on 20/5/10 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
The easiest option is to buy an all-in-one dash like the Evodash, Stack etc which have all you need in one, compact display. The trade off however, is cost.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bi22le

posted on 20/5/10 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
Money dependent obviously.

If your car is a modern engine and you want the modern look I think ETB Digidashes are hard to beat. They look trick and work well. The set comes with all of the senders you need aswell.

Stack are the dogs meaty bits but they cast a stack of money. . . Ha ha. . . sorry

There are others like Viper but my mate had right trouble setting one up and gave up in the end.

Tradition look is always the dialed style. They look trick, you can choose the style, fitment, colour and size. Alot more versatile depending on what look dash your trying to achieve.

All should work with you car and electronics.

HTH

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

a4gom

posted on 20/5/10 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
Never used them but I was looking at these before I went bec and used the bike clocks here

Andy

Perfect planning prevents pi$$ poor performance!

blakep82

posted on 20/5/10 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
RMD gauges are pretty decent. get them from rally design.

modeo gauges are most likely going to need some sort of recalibration at some point. some functions probably need the original ECU.

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

mgmiller

posted on 20/5/10 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
I had a ETB digidash in my Viento.

It was well built and easy to wire but my major gripe with it was that you could not program the screens, you are stuck with the defaults but they never had the information I wanted all on one screen. I kept having to flick between them which turned into a PITA.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.