Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Vicfibretech
robertst

posted on 7/6/10 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
Vicfibretech

Hi,

first of all... its been a long while since i have posted here... i just cant seem to be able to mix work with the build (i really dont know how some of u do it )

but anyway, i am preparing to continue my build for this coming august and i'm at the bodywork stage..

right now i have almost all the parts except the nosecone and front wings, and the nosecone is proving to be exceptionally difficult to source.

A thorough search (involving a couple of hours on the net) has led me to this website http://vicfibretech.co.uk/NoseCones.aspx

does anyone know them (or him)? i have read different experiences from places like greatbritishsportscars or m-88.co.uk and pretty much all were bad reviews. so pretty much this is the only option i have found that supplies a decent (by the look of the photos) nosecone and that is willing to ship it to spain...

i'm bordering on desperate for a nosecone right now

thanks..

[Edited on 7/6/10 by robertst]

Tom

NigeEss

posted on 7/6/10 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
The problem is the packed size as cones are quite big.
I've just done a quick search and nearly £100 to ship

Is there particular cone you would rather have ?
I'd be willing to forward it on if you buy one and have it delivered to me first, but it wouldn't work out "Locost"

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.................Douglas Adams.

snapper

posted on 7/6/10 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
Does the +4 description of your build refer to the McSorely plans?
Are you looking for a wider nose? or will a standard one fit?
Triton does fiberglass and if you specify a thick he'll coat then if you are not totally happy with the Finnish then a bit of work with wet & dry will give you a mirror Finnish

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

dlatch

posted on 7/6/10 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
no idea if the nosecone will fit your chassis (there are dimensions listed on the website so i would measure up. but i can vouch for the quality of their stuff i have a set of front cycle wings from them and the quality is superb very well made indeed.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
big-vee-twin

posted on 7/6/10 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
U2U sent

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

robertst

posted on 8/6/10 at 07:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snapper
Does the +4 description of your build refer to the McSorely plans?
Are you looking for a wider nose? or will a standard one fit?
Triton does fiberglass and if you specify a thick he'll coat then if you are not totally happy with the Finnish then a bit of work with wet & dry will give you a mirror Finnish

Triton made my rear arches and scuttle, and i am really impressed with the quality and the service was perfect. however, i didn't order the nosecone as i thought it was too much like the MK nosecone, and i'm looking for a more "book/caterham" nosecone like the one on Vicfibretech.

the +4 is indeed from the mcsorley plans, and i would need a wider nosecone, or i could extend one, but i'd like to keep the fiberglass work to a minimum. (i already have to modify the scuttle to fit the chassis)

Shipping will be expensive, but i was thinking it has more to do with size, not weight? anyway, it's my only option.

so has anyone dealt with Vicfibretech?

thanks

p.s. big_vee_twin: cheers for your U2U, i'll get back to you asap (im at work now....bummer)

Tom

ZEN

posted on 21/6/10 at 02:26 PM Reply With Quote
I have a nose cone from Vicfibretech. It seams pretty well made.
When tried to fit it to the standard book width chassis it seams OK in width but a few inches short in height.

My YouTube channel Cars, bikes - track days, motorsport, sim racing and more.

JasonGT

posted on 22/8/10 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
I recently purchased a nose cone, rear arches and cycle wings from Vicfibretech for my locost and the fit was perfect. Excellent quality, finished in super black gelcoat - I would definitely recommend the products to other builders out there.

After visiting the kit car show in Exeter last year, I was worried I wouldnt find the quality of GRP that I wanted, nose cones in particular hard to source. After reading about Vicfibretech I contacted them and I found the guy to be very helpful and he produced me a set to my specifications and was impressed by the service.

david_hornet27

posted on 24/4/11 at 07:31 AM Reply With Quote
I have recently bought some cycle wings from Vicfibretech and was very happy with the quality and service. Nice and solid with a great gelcoat finish. Communication was great too, I needed them in a hurry and I received them well packaged and on time. Would recommend!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.