Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Rover V8 oil and coolant sender threads?
craig1410

posted on 8/6/10 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
Rover V8 oil and coolant sender threads?

Hi,
I've bought some new gauges for my Meerkat RV8 which come with 1/8-27 NPT threaded sensors and a few adapters.

None of these fit in place of the standard RV8 senders for oil pressure and coolant temperature and I was hoping that maybe someone could tell me what these threads are so that I can source some adapters.

I've measured the thread on the oil pressure sender using a micrometer with the following results:
Thread diameter 12.515mm (parallel)
Thread pitch 9mm for 7 threads = 1.2857mm or 0.0506"
Thread length 13mm
Across flats of hex head 18.11mm

The coolant sensor is 15.52 thread diameter (parallel) with an 18.15mm across flats of hex head. I've not measured the thread pitch yet but can do if required.

Anyone able to help identify these threads? Engine is 1977 vintage with engine number 10A... if that is important.

Thanks,
Craig.

ps. Planning to source adapter from Think Auto once I know what I need.

Paradoxia0

posted on 8/6/10 at 10:59 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

I bought 2 adapters for my gauges...

1/2" UNF
1/4" NPTF

Now I think the 1/2" UNF was oil and the 1/4" NPTF was water but that was 3 years ago and I am a little hazy...

Mark

EDIT: I got both adapters from ETB instruments. The guys were very helpful and knowledgeable when I rang them to find what I needed.

[Edited on 8/6/10 by Paradoxia0]

There is no replacement for displacement...

craig1410

posted on 8/6/10 at 11:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paradoxia0
Hi

I bought 2 adapters for my gauges...

1/2" UNF
1/4" NPTF

Now I think the 1/2" UNF was oil and the 1/4" NPTF was water but that was 3 years ago and I am a little hazy...

Mark

EDIT: I got both adapters from ETB instruments. The guys were very helpful and knowledgeable when I rang them to find what I needed.

[Edited on 8/6/10 by Paradoxia0]

Hi,
1/2 UNF sounds right for the oil sender. My measurements are just under 1/2" but within limits and 20 tpi for 1/2 UNF seems to be close to my measurements.

I'll look up your suggestion on the coolant sender and see if it also matches. Sounds very promising though!

Thanks,
Craig.

[Edited on 8/6/2010 by craig1410]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.