Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: le man weather
donn006

posted on 16/6/10 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
le man weather

hi anyone else get wet at la man it rained on the way there and on the way back got absoulutly soaked aint taking the car next year
DM

posted on 16/6/10 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
I took my A8 and still got soaked! mate thought it would be *helpful* to open the windows of my sleeping area of the tent so it didt get too hot. Shame he didnt think it would be helpful either to tell me he'd done this or to close them again before my sleeping bag ended up in a puddle!

all part of the fun....

Arthur C. Clarke; Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic

andy o

posted on 16/6/10 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
on friday night we sat and watched mansells team until 2.30am waiting for the rain to stop but the tropical storm did'nt stop and so we gave up and walked back to the tent and got drenched
18.30 on friday evening it was like mid day on the equator!!!!
can't wait for next year

irvined

posted on 16/6/10 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
Got very wet this year, 'thankfully' the seven spun a big end bearing so i went in the mx5 so it was mainly due to leaky tents at le mans, rather than the monsoon on the way there.

http://irvined.blogspot.com

TimEllershaw

posted on 17/6/10 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
Matt_GSXR and I got soaked somewhere between Caen and Le Mans on Thursday. Rain on both sides of the windscreen, on helmet visor and on sunglasses. Couldn't see a thing !
Sun was out by the time we reached the campsite. )

Also got a soaking at Arnage on Friday - bloody waterpistols !!

Tim.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
FASTdan

posted on 19/6/10 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
We got caught in the heavy rain between Rouen and Le mans on thursday evening too. Didnt spoil it though, infact it was pretty spectacular driving in a downpour, red sky and lightening on the horizon!!

Full waterproofs and a helmet.....its all good Had the usual on the ferry......people giving it 'your gonna get wet, i had 3 inches of water swilling around my se7en footwells 2 years ago' bla bla bla.......nonsense. by the time we reached camp the only bit of me that was wet was my lower back where my jacket had ridden up. And we certainly didnt get the footwells filling up.

We got drenched on fri night on the way back from lemans town center mind you. Rest of the weekend was fantastic though.

Having said all that, its a pretty hardcore trip in a non-roof/screen 7, done it twice now. a TVR would be a nice compromise

NEW danST WEBSITE NOW LIVE! Bike carbs, throttle bodies and more......

http://www.danstengineering.co.uk/

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.