Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: rover v8 turbo
t16turbo

posted on 16/6/10 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
rover v8 turbo

I have a Rover V8 3.5 low compression CR 8.13.1 engine which I want to Turbo charge, I plan to use the stock fuel injection setup (hotwire) and fit a single turbo. Would the stock injectors be ok for this or would I need to fit bigger injectors from a bigger rover V8? I have a good Garrett T3 turbo off a cosworth would this be too small? Thanks
mark chandler

posted on 16/6/10 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
Flappy box = early EFI so old injectors.

you need 4.2 efi jag flappy box (bigger hole) and injectors from same engine +2

t16turbo

posted on 16/6/10 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
I have the newer hotwire injection?
40inches

posted on 16/6/10 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
Check injector flow rate here ,then go to this site and fine tune the parameters. It will tell you if your injectors are big enough, if not, go back to injector list to find ones that are. Simples
mcerd1

posted on 16/6/10 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
how about a Supercharged V8 ? linky

-

t16turbo

posted on 16/6/10 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
no room for a supercharger, its in a lotus esprit and the front of the engine is very close to the bulkhead, it has a special small front pulley, remote water pump and the alternator is on custom mounts, its a real headache to work on!
marcjagman

posted on 17/6/10 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
Use a twin turbo set up, smoother power delivery and more of it, plus it will keep the exhaust gasses balanced better.
BenB

posted on 17/6/10 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
The only way of knowing if you need bigger injectors (before you build the thing) is to work out your target BHP from your planned boost (there are equations to do this but they're estimates at best), then work out your fuel requirements (you'll need to adjust the BSFC to compensate for the improved volumetric efficiency) and then work out the flow rate for your injectors from the Stan Weiss table and see if they're up to the job.

Personally I'd stick with what you've got and monitor the duty cycle on the injectors when you first run up the engine. If it goes above 85% I'd change to some bigger ones....

t16turbo

posted on 17/6/10 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marcjagman
Use a twin turbo set up, smoother power delivery and more of it, plus it will keep the exhaust gasses balanced better.

my exhaust will be gasses will be balanced, I have a cross over system both banks meet at the centre of the engine above the gearbox. Twin setup would be better but I dont want all the hassle of extra pipe work etc.....

t16turbo

posted on 17/6/10 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
The only way of knowing if you need bigger injectors (before you build the thing) is to work out your target BHP from your planned boost (there are equations to do this but they're estimates at best), then work out your fuel requirements (you'll need to adjust the BSFC to compensate for the improved volumetric efficiency) and then work out the flow rate for your injectors from the Stan Weiss table and see if they're up to the job.

Personally I'd stick with what you've got and monitor the duty cycle on the injectors when you first run up the engine. If it goes above 85% I'd change to some bigger ones....

the thing is how much boost power a stock rover engine will take? I would like as much power as it will take!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.