Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Dick Bear's Mabaan build
Dick Bear

posted on 21/2/11 at 02:22 AM Reply With Quote
Yesterday I placed the rear panel on the car for the first time since making several changes during the last 6-months to the internals correcting the over heating issues I had. I knew that taking the radiators from the pods and installing a single unit at mid-ship (between the cockpit and the engine) would require some refitting of the panel so my day was spend evaluating what needed to be done and I slowly began to make those adjustments.

It's not completely corrected at this point but I have confidence that with a bit more tweaking the large rear panel will once again slide into place as it had done before. The major change needed will be to form twin blisters to accommodate the upper-outside corners of the radiator (see red circle).

I'm still waiting on the NCDMV to return the documentation for registration, title and licensing. Hopefully that will arrive by the end of this week and we will add a new member of the 'street legal' club. I won't celebrate until the Custom 2011 classification VIN number is placed onto the Mabaan's frame by the Inspector. At that time... I surly will!

Dick Bear

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

[Edited on 2/21/1111 by Dick Bear]

www.marketpointproductions.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dick Bear

posted on 24/2/11 at 02:17 AM Reply With Quote
I received a call from NCDMV Inspector R. this afternoon wanting to set-up a time on Friday to attach the 'Custom Built 2011 VIN' to the Mabaan.

Next stop ... file for a title, pay registration fee, notify insurance company and hit the highways and byways!!!!!!!

It's been a long time coming but worth it!

Dick

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dick Bear

posted on 7/8/11 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
Video and sound

You can checkout the sound and a brief drive of the Mabaan on the street at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nKWSswGIoM

Dick Bear

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.