Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Ebay non delivery
v8kid

posted on 30/6/10 at 05:09 PM Reply With Quote
Ebay non delivery

I saw some wheels on ebay and twigging that they had been sold before (same photo) asked the seller why the winning bidder had not taken delivery.

He said the winning bidder had made a mistake with the fitment size and had paid the relisting fees. I contacted the winning bidder and got no response. Fair enough perhaps he was embarrased

Seemed reasonable.

Bid on them and got them at a fair price.

Seller contacted me and said he thought they were on a 10 day listing instead of 7 days and he was on holiday would I wait untill he got home?

Seemed reasonable. Agreed a day and asked confirmation when the wheels were picked up so i could be in for the courier.

No more emails from the seller

Emailed twice. No response.

Emailed again expressing concern. No response.

Raised dispute with ebay - I had paid by paypal.

Ebay have emailed seller and will not take any further action for 10 days.

Fair enough they want to give time for a resolution.

Big question is will I get my dosh back - although I'd rather have the wheels.

What do you think?

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
dlatch

posted on 30/6/10 at 05:13 PM Reply With Quote
you should be covered by paypal as a buyer you get the better side of the protection but dealing with paypal can be a right ball ache.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
big_wasa

posted on 30/6/10 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
Yes ebay will find in you favour but it will take time.
scootz

posted on 30/6/10 at 05:34 PM Reply With Quote
Apart from the PITA aspect, you'll be fine.

It's Evolution Baby!

cliftyhanger

posted on 30/6/10 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
Who arranged the courier? this may be important. If you did it may be more difficult to get a refund, so check the smallprint. I had an issue and paypal basically said tough
I now refuse to organise my own courier, I let the seller do all that so it is their responsibility.

v8kid

posted on 30/6/10 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
Ah thats interesting about the courier - it was up to him to arrange but worth remembering.

Ta for putting my mind at ease chaps all I have to do now is find another 4 off 13" split rims in ford fitment.....

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

pdm

posted on 30/6/10 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
I had exactly the same thing happen with some axle stands which weren't delivered.

Raised a dispute as you have and hey presto they arrived on the "10th day".

BUT they weren't as described (they were 1 ton stands not 3 ton) so updated dispute, waited another 10 days and got my money back in full.

(Bonus was seller never contacted me to get them back so I still have the stands !!)

I reckon you'll be fine if you're patient and polite in your dispute updates.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.