Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bike Carbs & Bogg Bros Manifold
craig_007

posted on 19/7/10 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
Bike Carbs & Bogg Bros Manifold

I have the above set up on my redtop

I've been out lowering the rad to tonight to try and get some cool air into this and for some reason or other I lifted the slides on the carbs and opened throttle fully.

Am I right in saying that the mating of the manifold to the carb should be smooth as if it were one so to speak,On mine where the carb mates the manifold (with silicone pipe & jubilee clips ) There is a difference where it mates,I.E it creates a small ledge where fuel could likely get caught !! (this happens on all 4 carb intakes)

Quite hard to describe a picture would likely be better but thought I would ask the question ??

Miks15

posted on 19/7/10 at 08:34 AM Reply With Quote
can you not take the carbs off and just file down the ID of the manifold so it tapers a bit to make it smooth?
craig_007

posted on 19/7/10 at 08:40 AM Reply With Quote
Yep that would be easy enough to do,I just wasn't sure if this would make much of a difference to the intake path. I.E causing any restrictions ?
mookaloid

posted on 19/7/10 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
I think it would be desirable to taper the intake on the manifold as above. steps in the intake are not a good idea

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

atspeed racing

posted on 19/7/10 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
air and fuel mixture at high velocity doesnt like steps or corners or changing direction - so ideally should be a smooth path gradually tapering down to match the port. also remember most of this air fuel mixture is concentrated in the upper parts of the intake tract, not the bottom.

- colin.

[Edited on 19/7/10 by atspeed racing]

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.