Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Best place to get my interior done
jono2020

posted on 22/7/10 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
Best place to get my interior done

I have just brought a Tiger Avon yesterday. My first kit car. The interior has seen better days and the speedo doesnt work. I have found the bit that isnt plugged but not sure if its the bit that needs to go into the gear box. Also is there any good places around the west midlands area (worcester/ birmingham) that does the interior, and how much it costs?? Cheers
cadebytiger

posted on 22/7/10 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
I have found the bit that isnt plugged but not sure if its the bit that needs to go into the gear box.

I think you may have to give a few more details / introduce yourself in order to get some ideas.

As for the interior - I expect most people on here would do it themselves ... someone may know someone though.

snapper

posted on 23/7/10 at 06:23 AM Reply With Quote
It's really not a hard job in a 7 but if you are looking for someone to quote the I have found a card from M&M classic car components that can do this for you.
www.m-mclassiccartrim.com
Email mandm@talktalk.net
Phone 01775762004

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

jono2020

posted on 23/7/10 at 06:51 AM Reply With Quote
I know i sounded a bit vague but I really dont know much about cars. I just know that its great fun to drive. The cable looks a bit thicker than the other ones. It looks like it screws in somewhere as it has a threaded end to it... Again I know I sound stupid but unfortunately I am with cars... And with the interior I just want a decent job doing and would rather not stuff it up myself like the last bloke
scoop

posted on 23/7/10 at 07:18 AM Reply With Quote
Just have a go mate. Before i built my car all i had done was lower a few hatch backs and put induction kits in them. Now i have loads of tools and new skills. Now you own the car if you're going to pay someone to fix it every time it breaks you're going to need deep pockets
cadebytiger

posted on 23/7/10 at 07:53 AM Reply With Quote
Does the cable you speak of come from the back of the speedo by any chance? If so I'm sure someone can tell you where it should go. It would certainly explain you lack of speedo.
jono2020

posted on 23/7/10 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
Yer it comes out the back of the speedo. Its not plugged into anything tho... Any ideas?
scoop

posted on 29/7/10 at 08:12 AM Reply With Quote
Then its the speedo cable and it probably does go to the gaer box. What engine has it got?
jono2020

posted on 4/8/10 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
it turns out that its a sensor run on the back propshaft, the magnets may have fallen off but not sure. As I said I dont know much about them. Getting it on a ramp tomorrow to check then hopefully I should be able to know how fast i'm going
Valtra

posted on 14/8/10 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
you are getting there , you just need to get inventive and you can solve most issues yourself . if it needs a new cable then so long as you have both ends and the correct length Europa can make one up to fit

"If it looks like it works and it feels like it works, then it works"

jono2020

posted on 18/8/10 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
I fixed it now. Turns out the magnets had come off the prop shaft. Glued new ones one now and working fine

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.