Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Airbox fiting ideas needed please
r1_pete

posted on 29/7/10 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
Airbox fiting ideas needed please

I'm gradually getting there with the throttle body set up for the Jaguar.

So far I have sorted the manifold mods, and turned up some runners to match the mani to the GSXR750 bodies.

I have a set of trumpets I was planning to fit via a rubber coupling same as the bodies to manifold, but, I'd like an airbox as advised on here.

For those of you with tbs trumpets and airbox, how have fitted the assemblies together?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Steve Hignett

posted on 29/7/10 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
Just before I offer something, what's the length of the TB setup? ( the length that the airbox would need to be)

r1_pete

posted on 30/7/10 at 06:54 AM Reply With Quote
From the manifold face to the filter side of the TBs is 180mm, the trumpets are another 70mm long.

Runners are 42mm bore and the tbs 42 opening out to 50mm.

From no1 to no6 runner is 560mm

Cheers.
Pete.

[Edited on 30/7/10 by r1_pete]

[Edited on 30/7/10 by r1_pete]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ruudbeckers

posted on 30/7/10 at 07:42 AM Reply With Quote
Why don't you use the original trumpets? They have a slot for a back plate.
r1_pete

posted on 30/7/10 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ruudbeckers
Why don't you use the original trumpets? They have a slot for a back plate.

TBH I'm trying to keep costs to an absolute minimum, I had one set of bodies already, bought another, its a 99p ebay manifold I cut up, etc. etc. in total so far I've spent less than the price of one jenvey.

To buy original trumpets, no doubt I'd need to buy the airbox too, plus I'll need two sets, then I still need to work out an airbox.

I have some ideas like making a backplate with tabs which would clamp under the jubillee clips on the trumpet rubbers, but, I'm just picking the brains of people who have been here before.
Cheers.
Pete.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.