Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: warning light for cat
pdm

posted on 5/8/10 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
warning light for cat

Hi

I've drained my donors fuel tank tonight. undid drain plug and emptied 99.9% of it.

Figured to depressurise it, all I'd have to do is start it and then wait till it stalled as the low pressure pump in the tank couldn't suck anymore out so all that would happen is the engine would burn off whats in the pipes from filter to cylinders.

At first it wouldn't start but eventually it caught and idled for a minute or so then stalled.

Great I thought - I'll give another go just to be sure.

However it wouldn't start and was showing the HEAT light for catayltic convertor.

Have I done something stupid or is it just the ECU's a bit confused as there's no fuel being burnt ?

Also noticed that oil pressure went right to 6 bar. It didn't have time to warm up so it didn't come down as oil heated.

Should I be worried or just forget about it until time comes to start it all up again in my kit ?

thanks
Paul

PSpirine

posted on 5/8/10 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
If it was me, I'd be tempted to put some fuel back in, and start it and see whether it goes back to normal!
Daddylonglegs

posted on 6/8/10 at 12:50 AM Reply With Quote
I opened this thread thinking it was a way of alerting you to pesky neighbourhood felines dumping in your garden!

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

britishtrident

posted on 6/8/10 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
It is quite normal for the MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp) to illuminate if the engine has been misfiring due to lack of fuel.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

pdm

posted on 6/8/10 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
phew - thanks. I thought it must be something to do with the misfire as I haven't touched anything else engine wise.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.