Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Engine tuning
jono2020

posted on 5/8/10 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
Engine tuning

Im thinking about taking my car for a rolling road session as I want to get it quicker. Anyone know roughly how much it would cost and I know its a 'how long is a piece of string' comment, but how much more BHP can they get out of the engine... Also can anyone recommend one near Worcester??
omega0684

posted on 5/8/10 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
there is M-Tech in cheltenham ( i think its called M-Tech). rough RR prices are about £80/Hour, a day session (ie a full set up from a base map) can be in the region of £400. All depends how much needs doing.

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
macc man

posted on 6/8/10 at 07:00 AM Reply With Quote
Cost me about £250 and worth every penny,took him about 3 hours but sorted lots of issues out for me. My zetec gives 139bhp.

andy350z

posted on 6/8/10 at 07:43 AM Reply With Quote
I use mech repairs in cheltenham they are really good. They charged me £270 to tune my weber on a zetec. It made 160bhp
twybrow

posted on 6/8/10 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by andy350z
I use mech repairs in cheltenham they are really good. They charged me £270 to tune my weber on a zetec. It made 160bhp

Yeah Andy is right (as usual Alex is wrong!). Mech Repairs (www.rollingroad.co.uk) is the place to go. Dave is a great man, and has some awesome machinery in his workshop. Expect to pay £150-350 depending upon how much it needs remapping. Not sure what you are running, but Dave does not do bike carbs. He will have a go at just about anything else (M/S, my Triumph tuning software etc!).

jono2020

posted on 6/8/10 at 09:32 PM Reply With Quote
Awsome, im gonna try get it done this month. Im running a 2.0 zetec with twin 45 webbers. No idea what bhp im running at the mo. I just want to get it as quick as I can and the quickest 0-60 I can too
andy350z

posted on 7/8/10 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
My zetec with weber 45 made 160bhp at mech repairs. What ecu do you have?
brookie

posted on 9/8/10 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
my going to daytuner on thursday for 2/3 hours
jono2020

posted on 9/8/10 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
At the mo I dont know as its in the garage again having the sump re done as I cracked it AGAIN. I didnt build it and I havnt checked the ECU so im not sure. How much more BHP did u get after the tuning session then compared to what you started with?
jono2020

posted on 9/8/10 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
At the mo I dont know as its in the garage again having the sump re done as I cracked it AGAIN. I didnt build it and I havnt checked the ECU so im not sure. How much more BHP did u get after the tuning session then compared to what you started with?
joemotion

posted on 12/8/10 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
Defo worth having it done - had mine fettled at Noble Motorsport in Chesterfield and makes the world of difference - Got 147bhp out of my 1.8 CVH with bike carbs which is about the best im gonna get i reckon from that lump!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.