Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pinto shallow sump
chrisg

posted on 25/8/02 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
Pinto shallow sump

Hello chaps,

As some of you may know I've been having a little engine trouble (I'm also a master of understatement)

Anyway, every cloud has a silver lining.

I've found out the Granada Mk3's with the pinto engine have a shallow sump as standard!!!!

No more sump chops, no more searching for expensive RS 2000 bits.

If someone else already knew this

WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

bran

posted on 25/8/02 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
Chris, what reg is MK 3, I've got an E reg 2.0L which I might use the engine and box in my locost, the only downside it's done 200K, but still runs well except for the noisy cam. If it's got a shallow sump I might give it a rebuild.

Colin

chrisg

posted on 25/8/02 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
Mk 3's started at D reg I believe but the engine changed to the DOHC at F or G reg.

The one I'm stripping is an E reg too, a 2.0 Ghia, the sump is level with the bottom of the gearbox bellhousing - perfect!

Cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

locodude

posted on 25/8/02 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
Chris
Don't forget to check the oil pump drive!
Chris PTM
BTW you missed a cracking run out over the cat and fiddle with jon and bryn. That Isons a lunatic. But boy can that car accelerate. Now where's that blade engine I heard was for sale?

johnston

posted on 25/8/02 at 11:05 PM Reply With Quote
the mk3 is the one that looks like an over grown seirra

fuz

posted on 26/8/02 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
To chris G.
I have a 2.0L Pinto from a sierra and was going to take my sump to MK to have it modified. Could I just put a sump from a Granada Straight onto my pinto. Also what about the the oil pick up pipe. Do you think i could replace my pinto one with a granada one.

Cheers

fuz

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chrisg

posted on 26/8/02 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
Don't see why not, all the pintos have the same bolt pattern on the sump, and it's just three bolts to change the oil pickup pipe, and a new gasket.

Cheers

Chris

bran

posted on 26/8/02 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote

bran

posted on 26/8/02 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote

bran

posted on 26/8/02 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
Chris, many thanks for the granada sump info.

Colin.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.