Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Recommendation for 8 berth house in cornwall (2011 family holiday)
Andybarbet

posted on 16/8/10 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
Recommendation for 8 berth house in cornwall (2011 family holiday)

Ok guys, ive been going to cornwall for many years now. Since getting married last month and spending our honeymoon there, my sister and brother inlaw have expressed an interest in having a family holiday in Cornwall (They went years ago but havent been able to get back).

We will be looking at a 1 week stay next July/August. 4 adults and 4 kids. We dont mind if its in a quiet location because we will probably drive out most days to hit the surf. Preferably a bit further south than Bude so that we can do some day trips out for the kids etc but without too much travelling distance per day.

Does anyone have any recommendations or know of anyone that has an 8 berth house/cottage to rent in central cornwall ?

Dont really want to do an 8berth caravan because my sister already owns one near clacton, we will self cater and really dont fancy a Haven type place.

Regards Andy

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

maskell01

posted on 16/8/10 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.directholidayhomes.co.uk/

Not used them but hope this helps!

Steve Hignett

posted on 16/8/10 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
If the link below doesn't work then go to tripadvisor.co.uk, enter cornwall, UK into the holiday rentals search and use the drag bar on the left to move from "sleeps 1" minimum up to sleeps 8.

It's not a reference of a specific place I've stayed, but I have found that the suggestions and reviews on that site are quite accurate...

Holiday homes link

[Edited on 16/8/10 by Steve Hignett]

Simon

posted on 16/8/10 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
We've used these people for the last seven or so years: http://www.holidaycottages.co.uk

Staying in Portreath next week, but have used places from Westward Ho!, Launcston etc

Always very pleased with accommodation and plenty of room.

Usually 11 have gone so...

ATB

Simon

MK9R

posted on 17/8/10 at 06:47 AM Reply With Quote
Can't recommend a cottage, but St Mawes is very nice and there are some lovely looking cottages/houses to rent, not cheap mind!

Cheers Austen

RGB car number 9
www.austengreenway.co.uk
www.automatedtechnologygroup.co.uk
www.trackace.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stevec

posted on 17/8/10 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
8 berth house? What will you tow that with?

Steve

karlak

posted on 17/8/10 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote
We are on Hols in Cornwall at the moment - working Dairy farm with really nice cottages - have sent a U2U

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

Andybarbet

posted on 17/8/10 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for the leads guys, they are very helpfull, as soon as i meet up with my sister we will pick one.

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.