Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Revenue and customs = idiots
splitrivet

posted on 17/8/10 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
Revenue and customs = idiots

Had a phone call off of the above about 20 mins ago to tell me that theyve had no PAYE and NI payments off of me for my employees for the past 18 months and that I now owe them quite a few grand and they want the money now.
I never get involved with that side of the business so my arse was well twitching. The girl who deals with it is very meticulous as far as this sort of thing goes but I thought has she been ripping me off has the money gone astray have we been swindled is this a scam as the girl on the endof the phone wanted a debit card number etc etc.
The girl on the phone also said that they had sent us numerous warnings and the last one was an intention of legal proceedings.. we havent received anything from them whatsoever.
Turns out that they have changed thier bank details last year and had'nt informed us, so all the money we were paying to them by BACS would have gone into a holding account.
This is the best bit we have now got to go through our records tell them how much we paid in each month over the above period.
Not a sorry, kiss my arse or recompense for additional work for us because of thier mistake.
Cheers,
Bob

[Edited on 17/8/10 by splitrivet]

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

MakeEverything

posted on 17/8/10 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by splitrivet
Had a phone call off of the above about 20 mins ago to tell me that theyve had no PAYE and payments off of me for my employees for the past 18 months and that I now owe them quite a few grand and they want the money now.
I never get involved with that side of the business so my arse was well twitching. The girl who deals with it is very meticulous as far as this sort of thing goes but I thought has she been ripping me off has the money gone astray have we been swindled is this a scam as the girl on the endof the phone wanted a debit card number etc etc.
The girl on the phone also said that they had sent us numerous warnings and the last one was an intention of legal proceedings.. we havent received anything from them whatsoever.
Turns out that they have changed thier bank details last year and had'nt informed us, so all the money we were paying to them by BACS would have gone into a holding account.
This is the best bit we have now got to go through our records tell them how much we paid in each month over the above period.
Not a sorry, kiss my arse or recompense for additional work for us because of thier mistake.
Cheers,
Bob

Dont get me started.......

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

02GF74

posted on 17/8/10 at 01:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MakeEverything
Dont get me started.......

bet I hide these!

nick205

posted on 17/8/10 at 01:45 PM Reply With Quote
Nor me, but I will...

Inept
Innacurate
Intrusive
Idiotic
Innarticulate
Expensive
Time wasting
Unappolagetic
Uncontactable
Untouchable
Unreliable
Uncompromising
Obtuse

In short, everything that's wrong with public sector/government organisations.

If your in the wrong it's your fault and if they're in the wrong it's your fault.

Their standard response time to written communication is 8 weeks - companies and individuals can fall apart quicker than that.

adithorp

posted on 17/8/10 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
I had several notices that included information about the change of bank account and it was in the "Employer Bullitin" that goes out to all employers, several times .

Are you sure you've had none of those?

adrian

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Alfa145

posted on 17/8/10 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like a scam to me. Heard about a few like this. Never EVER give someone your card or bank details unless you know who they are.

Ring back the Revenue and Customs people from a number you KNOW is correct (google or your P2 coding notice have the number) and check that the information is correct. I'll bet its a scam.

Peteff

posted on 17/8/10 at 03:23 PM Reply With Quote
I doubt they would have left it 18 months, it's not their usual time scale for waiting for money. As above I would check this out thoroughly before doing anything and get your accountant involved. It's on google now, just put customs scam in the search and they are offering rebates as well.

[Edited on 17/8/10 by Peteff]

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Toniq-r

posted on 17/8/10 at 03:30 PM Reply With Quote
Bloody Tax men they are due me £24k for my company cis deductions. Nobody speaks to you on the phone and you keep getting Fecked about.
bob tatt

posted on 17/8/10 at 04:18 PM Reply With Quote
been chasing them for 3 months now for a vat rebate of nearly 3k they owe me after buying some new vans , impossible to deal with and if im late by even a day i get fined knob heads the lot of em.
JonnyS

posted on 17/8/10 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
You try dealing with them every day of your life
splitrivet

posted on 17/8/10 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
I had several notices that included information about the change of bank account and it was in the "Employer Bullitin" that goes out to all employers, several times .

adrian

Nope not a thing as I said they also claim to have written to me which they aint.

My girl spoke to them again this aft, They are now saying I owe them money from 2006 and I have to prove I paid them when we know we did.
Cheers,
Bob

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

SteveWalker

posted on 17/8/10 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp

adrian

As it happens I just avoided this problem. I set up a new business and due to problems getting a card reader for my online account, I had to pay by debit card over the phone. That was the first time I heard of the change. Indeed, when my card reader arrived and I finally set up my account for future payments, I found that RBS have HMRC pre-entered in a drop down menu and they still had the old details attached too! I phoned them and their online, business accounts department hadn't heard of the change

[Edited on 17/8/10 by SteveWalker]

Simon

posted on 17/8/10 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
Nor me, but I will...

Inept
Innacurate
Intrusive
Idiotic
Innarticulate
Expensive
Time wasting
Unappolagetic
Uncontactable
Untouchable
Unreliable
Uncompromising
Obtuse

In short, everything that's wrong with public sector/government organisations.

In short, it's the civil 'kin service and they need to realise it's the rest of us (in the private sector) that pays their wages, in fact, who pay for everything this country has!

We can do without them, but not the other way around. Revolution anyone

ATB

Simon

Jon Ison

posted on 23/8/10 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
Spent 1 lovely hour on the phone to them today, great aren't they ? They sent out the wrong forms, we call them for correct ones so we can pay our tax, 1 hour for one form that they should have sent in the 1st place.

utterly useless.

Bet they will be a bit quicker if we don't fire the VAT over ?..........

Ninehigh

posted on 23/8/10 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
8 weeks response time? Took them 3 months to show me that a company they didn't know I'd been working at for a year was "paying" tax on my behalf.

Best dealing I had is when I stopped being self employed.. This January I had to send a tax return (after 2 years) so I had to get them to send me tax details so I could pass them on to the relavant department. I would have gone absolutely nuclear on them if I noticed earlier that I was ringing the department that sent me said details to give them what THEY SENT ME.

Then this June I got a National Insurance bill, which I'm still not paying because it's the wrong type. So says the Jobcentre. Plus it's against my religion to p**s money up the wall for something they can't even explain.

JoelP

posted on 23/8/10 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
this thread rocks!

I have the same issue as a chap above, CIS deductions offsetting the vat i have collected, so every quarter i have to pay them money i havent recieved and wait til the end of the tax year (plus 8 weeks) to get it back - without interest.

I stopped paying the PAYE and NI payments, i found they dont know what you owe and, if you ignore them, you can pay it in installments into the next tax year. 6 months interest on £7k

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.