Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: viento rolling chassis
bj928

posted on 19/9/10 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
viento rolling chassis

Ok guys, what is the vipers rolling chassis worth, with brakes, wheels, diff (complete with ected lsd) peddle box, seats, tank, basicly everything but the engine and box, thinking of fitting engine and box in a sierra for some fun!! would 7k be a fair price, as you know its a locost but with a lot of work done to it. opinions please, then once i know more i'll stick it in the for sale section.
l0rd

posted on 19/9/10 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
Don't do it!!!!!!!!

You will regret it.

Dangle_kt

posted on 19/9/10 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
i'd say more like 2k, maybe 3k for the rolling chassis Unless its something super special (sorry i dont know the detailed spec)

Stuff isn;t shifting at the moment, unless the price is low.

bj928

posted on 19/9/10 at 05:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dangle_kt
i'd say more like 2k, maybe 3k for the rolling chassis Unless its something super special (sorry i dont know the detailed spec)

Stuff isn;t shifting at the moment, unless the price is low.

trust me, its very special, with cobra mustang rear and 355mm discs, 18" wheels and 6 pots, also the chassis is highly modified to take the torque or the v10 viper engine, its now way just a stock chassis.

MakeEverything

posted on 19/9/10 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
As Dangle.

I would say 7k with the engine running with gearbox, but for the rolling chassis only, 2k maybe 3 IMO.

sorry.

No joy finding anyone to finish?

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

bj928

posted on 19/9/10 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
the basicly new engine and gearbox is worth 7k all day long on its own, people are paying more than 7k for a 4 pot with less than 1/2 of the power, without the 6 speed box!!!!!!!!

how much is a stock new chassis from luego, i paid more then 3k and that was just the chassis, without it being rolling with some very expensive parts added

jacko

posted on 19/9/10 at 05:57 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry but we need photos of this beast
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bj928

posted on 19/9/10 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
it costs to much money to send money from America to the uk to get it finnished, so it may as well go and i'll just use the engine in something as a toy for my holidays and leave it in the uk.
MakeEverything

posted on 19/9/10 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
Well then i think youre answering your own questions.

Personally, i dont think youll get £3k back for the chassis, or £7k for the engine, but i hope you do.

Good luck.

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

bj928

posted on 19/9/10 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote

Dangle_kt

posted on 19/9/10 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
sorry, Are we talking at cross purposes?

You asked if the rolling chassis would be worth £7k.

Are you including the engine and box in with that now?

I'd have to stick to what I said, £2-3k for the rolling chassis, and whatever the engine is worth on top (sorry I havn't a clue about the engine value)

bj928

posted on 19/9/10 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
rolling chassis without engineor box, chassis with parts that go with it cost well over 10K, and as you can see, its is far from a standard chassis, i thought a standard chassis with no suspension or anything cast over 3k
bj928

posted on 19/9/10 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
it will come with bodywork as well, although the nose and bonnet have been made into 1 to be a flip front.
Dangle_kt

posted on 19/9/10 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
Obviously you have to price the rolling chassis as you see fit - but as soon as something isn't standard people worry it might be bespoke to the engine install, and if it is it limits their options.

You may find someone who wants exactly the spec you have, but the smaller that group, the harder it will be to sell - unless it is priced accordingly.

This is the only part finished viento I can find, but you get the idea:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Luego-Viento-UNFINISHED-PROJECT-/320584786778?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Other_Vehicle_Parts_Accessories_ET&hash=item4aa457a3 5a#ht_500wt_1154

bj928

posted on 19/9/10 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
well my back axle alone cost more than that end price.
MakeEverything

posted on 19/9/10 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
If you wanted to get your money back, then maybe you should have invested in property.

Sorry to say so, but your original post was a question which i and others have answered with out opinions, yet you still argue that "It cost me four times that", and the statement you make about your axle.

Sorry to be blunt, but you asked for opinions which is exactly what you have got.

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

franky

posted on 19/9/10 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
2k ish? If the axle is worth a lot would it not be worth breaking the chassis down to sell, ie axle/brakes/wheels etc?
bj928

posted on 19/9/10 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
i did ask for opinions and i thank you for them, but the comments about the cost of parts was to show its not as standard as you and some that have commented may think, anyone that knows the car as it is, knows how much has been spent on it and time on it, i know i won't get anywhere near what i paid out on parts back, but i don't want to give it away, with the engine as well its got over 20k invested, and i had property and made a nice bit of cash out of it thank you, and will be buying property here in america soon as well,

what is the price of a stock chassis without it being a rolling chassis, i'm sure i paid over 3k, was i ripped off, if you think i will only get 3k for this chassis

l0rd

posted on 19/9/10 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
The things you need to consider.

How much do you need to spend in order to finish it off.

If you sell, the money that you will raise, will it be enough to complete your Sierra?

Also, the rear axle of the sierra, will it handle the power of your beast?

Wouldn't it be better to use your car as a donor for the sierra? Axles, brakes, box, diff, engine, master cylinders etc...?

interestedparty

posted on 19/9/10 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
There's no such thing as 'worth' or 'value' because with any particular item the worth or value varies from one person to another. So the value is variable and cannot be defined.

With anything that you aren't buying or selling in the course of a business, the best thing to do when it comes to selling time is to completely forget what you paid for it. The only thing that matters is how much it will sell for.

The only way to find out is with an auction, or by advertising at a set price for a while, then if it doesn't sell, try a lower price, and so on, unitl somebody can't resist and has it.

As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list-- I've got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground,
And who never would be missed-- who never would be missed!

bj928

posted on 19/9/10 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
what is the cost of a standard viento chassis, was i ripped off paying 3k, half the work for someone has been done, if its worth less than a chassis thats not been made into a rolling chassis then i may as well just weigh it in for scap and keep the good bits, the sierra wouldn't cost a lot, so thats not a problem, i just don't want to sell the chassis for scap metal price money, i would like to see a little of the money i have spent out back, but 3k does seem a silly low price, 5k i could live with, but 3k is taking the """"
franky

posted on 19/9/10 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
Why not sell off all the bits? The problem you'll have is finding someone who wants a chassis that big to take the viper engine. It's quite a 'bespoke' chassis to sell.
bj928

posted on 19/9/10 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by franky
Why not sell off all the bits? The problem you'll have is finding someone who wants a chassis that big to take the viper engine. It's quite a 'bespoke' chassis to sell.

the chassis is the same size as any other viento and the engine bay is the same as any other viento, so could be used as a normal one, its just had a lot of time and money spent making it stiffer, i think i should fit sierra front uprights and a sierra rear in it and just sell it as a rigid stock chassis

scootz

posted on 19/9/10 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
I don't understand... why spend the time doing that, when you could just crack on with finishing it using the Viper?

I thought you were abroad and didn't have any time to take it further?

It's Evolution Baby!

Andybarbet

posted on 19/9/10 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
I think if it was me and i had decided to sell or had to sell, i would advertise for what i thought it was worth realistically (Probably not what it cost) & if it didnt sell, work out what i could break it up for and sell the bits on seperately, the chassis could be advertised as a beefed up viento ready for any type of engine transplant.

Its a real shame for you to have to get rid, i was nearly in a similar position when going through divorce but mine was a standard Velocity chassis with no mods etc - i knew eventually i would be in a position to build again so managed to store it away for 5 years ! Im nearly ready to carry on with the build now

I hope you get a good result, i saw/heard you fire it up at one of the shows when we were in the luego owners bit & it was fantastic

All the best, Andy

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.