Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: bodyshop vs mobile repair jobbies
mrwibble

posted on 22/9/10 at 01:29 PM Reply With Quote
bodyshop vs mobile repair jobbies

so i've added to the scratches on my car this afternoon . tried to get in a tight archway to park my car. and scuffed the rear quarter, again! my excuse is the pile of rubble left by the road work crew forced me close to the wall, but really i was just in a rush... anyway i've been quoted £95 by this place http://www.autoscratch.co.uk/about.html

just wondering if anyone has a similar experience with this sort of thing. to my mind, i cant see how a job like this can be done anywhere but a body shop, but the fact they would come to me is tempting... photos look good on website too...

40inches

posted on 22/9/10 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
About 5 years ago wifey backed her A4 Avant into a parking bollard, put a crease up the centre of the tailgate
Got it fixed by a mobile thingy for £75, couldn't tell it had ever been dinged
If you are not happy with repair, don't pay!

BillHoll

posted on 22/9/10 at 02:49 PM Reply With Quote
I had a scuff on the front bumper of my BMW which I was due to trade in June of this year. The guy came to my place of work and errected a something like a tent over the car. He did the repair in an hour and it was perfect. And the main stealer did not notice either. Cost £60 and well worth it.
mrwibble

posted on 22/9/10 at 02:51 PM Reply With Quote
i've spoken to chips away and he wasn't keen to ddo the job, as he reckoned it would be better job at body shop. scratches are quite deep so...

which company did u use bill?

boggle

posted on 22/9/10 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
if the scratch is throu the lacquer i would have a bodyshop do it...small areas such as bumper corners etc are great for the mobile people but large pannells are a pain to blow in and repair....but ...that doesnt mean the fella cant do it!

i imagine a body shop would want around 300 notes for a quarter panell repair?

just because you are a character, doesnt mean you have character....

for all your bespoke parts, ali welding, waterjet, laser, folding, turning, milling, composite work, spraying, anodising and cad drawing....

u2u me for details

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

jossey

posted on 22/9/10 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
as mentioned above by 3ft4' (40 inches)

if its a mobile guy and they do a crap job dont pay.

sales of good and services act.

offer less money or pay when the job is done right.

ive used mobile for dints and buffing and paint work in past. happy with all work done.

one guy had scratched my panel at sides of windscreen by running a cable over it when using a light and he buffed it out and then i paid.

:O)

dave j

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mistergrumpy

posted on 22/9/10 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
I used Chipaway recently for some scratches on my rear corners and to be honest the repairs are crap. One he just lightly sanded and buffed and the other he sanded and resprayed. Outside. I expressed concern but he said it'd be fine. At this stage I'd just finished nights and was having to stay up. Tpwards the end of the baking it started to rain slightly but he said it'd be fine. I paid and went to bed and only once I was back and it was dry did I notice that it was orange peeled slightly. I've tried to clay it but no use.
I'd avoid them!

DRC INDY 7

posted on 22/9/10 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
why did you not get them back out to re do the job

https://www.facebook.com/groups/462610273778799/

Puddle Dodgers Club

BillHoll

posted on 22/9/10 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
(quote)i've spoken to chips away and he wasn't keen to ddo the job, as he reckoned it would be better job at body shop. scratches are quite deep so...

which company did u use bill?(quote)

I used a local guy (non franchise) that I picked out of the yellow pages. And a better quote than any of the franchise operations.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.