Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: fuse box
dilley

posted on 3/10/10 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
fuse box

I am trying to source a fuse box for my loom, I would like one that I can put one main cable into and then each circuit from that, so far I am having no luck! they all seem to need connecting both sides of each fuse. I hope that makes sense?? any ideas?
dan__wright

posted on 3/10/10 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
you need one with a busbar but they are not very common, i used the modular system that vwp sell, its has 4 or 5 slots and you add modules for what you need, relays eyc, they do busbar terminals for the mini fuse module.

FREE THE ROADSTER ONE…!!

AdamR

posted on 3/10/10 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
VWP sell a couple of boxes that do what you want, though they're a bit pricey and bulky. See the 6 way and 12 way fuse blocks, about 2/3 of the way down the page here.

[Edited on 3/10/10 by AdamR]

alexg1965

posted on 3/10/10 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
Another vote for the VMP modular system. Very flexible and allows you to create a bespoke fuse/relay box. Probably a more expensive option though.
tegwin

posted on 3/10/10 at 01:37 PM Reply With Quote
The 1999ish mondeo has a really nice engine-bay mounted fuese/relay carrier.... it ended up in my TVR...worth a look if you havea friendly breakernearby

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

RichN

posted on 3/10/10 at 04:43 PM Reply With Quote
Try contacting Premier Wiring as they use busbars in their looms. I asked for some for the same the reason as you and got a fuse box and a busbar to fit.
Davegtst

posted on 5/10/10 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
What about this? I've been searching for ages for something decent and this is the best i can come up with. http://www.cbsonline.co.uk/wired-fuse-box-8-way-fbw-538-p.asp
dilley

posted on 5/10/10 at 10:23 PM Reply With Quote
I think I may go with the modular fuse/ relay box from VWP, not cheap but will look great, I have very few places to hide things on my buggy! plus I can do away with the side stand relay...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.