Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Quaife oil capacity
andrew_s

posted on 6/10/10 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
Quaife oil capacity

Hi

Just filled the quaife reverse box with oil that I fitted over 2 years ago to the chassis, I realise by now everyone has moved on to the MNR box, but my build has been delayed on so many occasions, that I have this shinny brand new quaife reverse box and it seems a shame to not use it.

I say filled it with oil, but it seems more like I managed to spoon feed it less the half a litre. I also have the quaife breather reservoir bottle for it.

My question really is this, how much should it hold, should I fill the breather bottle half way up or something and let this seep in to the box, someone on the web mentioned a capacity of 180ml, which to my mind does not seem like a great deal of oil, for something running at the speed it does ? what’s people experiences with this ?

Many thanks in advance

Bluemoon

posted on 6/10/10 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
Ring quaife??? +44 (0)1732 741144

[Edited on 6/10/10 by Bluemoon]

richardh

posted on 6/10/10 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
is it not one where you fill in from the side and once it starts to come back out again then that's it?

Time for a change!

andrew_s

posted on 6/10/10 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
I had spoken to quaife, but wanted to get the benefit of anyones experience, and yes it's the one with the filler on the side I got in as much as I could and stuck the plug back in hoping it would be enough !

Cheers

Johneturbo

posted on 7/10/10 at 07:25 AM Reply With Quote
Yep you only need to fill it up to the filler plug, just like you would a diff

over filling it might do more damage than good, the gears only need to be bathed in oil

Bluemoon

posted on 7/10/10 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
quaife do know what they are doing, sounds like a similar amount of oil to a diff, so should be fine.. Some extreme cases people fit oil coolers and pumps to diffs and gearboxes but in a 7 this is overkill....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.