Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hayabusa clutch springs
Davegtst

posted on 7/10/10 at 12:30 PM Reply With Quote
Hayabusa clutch springs

Just finishing off my hydralic clutch on the busa fitted with barnett uprated springs. The problem is when i press the clutch pedal the clutch does not move at all, this is with the cover off. I believe the barnett springs are coil bound and will not compress anymore. If i loosen them off i can get the clutch to work perfectly. Question is, when fitting uprated springs do i need to remove the spacers in the pressure plate aswell as the original springs?
dilley

posted on 7/10/10 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
Just a quickie... what master cylinder did you use? as you know I am plumbing in a 2001 busa soon so all help appreciated!
BobM

posted on 7/10/10 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like it - I'm not aware of Busas having any spacers as standard. Did you have any trouble getting the bolts in? I've got some seriously heavy duty springs in mine from BigCC and you have to actually compress them a bit to get the bolts in which you don't with standard springs.

Not very Locost but very BEC

Davegtst

posted on 7/10/10 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
The master cylinder is this one (link at the bottom). I'm using the standard busa slave cylinder spaced away from the block a bit with an extended pushrod. This isn't the finished article as the plate flexes too much so i've remade it in 12mm thick ally.

The springs took quite a bit of compressing to get them in and as you can see are longer than the standard ones.

master cylinder

[Edited on 7/10/10 by Davegtst]

Davegtst

posted on 7/10/10 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
Just spoke to holeshot and apparently there shouldn't be any spacers in the pressure plate. Looks like someone has put them in to beef up the original springs.
yorkshire-engines

posted on 7/10/10 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Busa definatly dont have spacers below the springs its a cheep upgrade but usually works so remove them if fitting the stronger spring
also make sure the clutch outer is located correctly by hand first before fitting springs it should be tight up against the last friction before you fit springs cheers Malc

[Edited on 7/10/10 by yorkshire-engines]

Davegtst

posted on 8/10/10 at 08:04 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks Malc, did you get my sprag clutch yet?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.