http://www.blameitonthevoices.com/2008/07/made-in-china_24.html

dan8400

posted on 8/10/10 at 06:51 AM Reply With Quote
Made me smile

Dan

Hey - That's Journey!!!

blue2cv

posted on 8/10/10 at 07:56 AM Reply With Quote
And Stupid said only the Smarts looked similar, god hope he doesnt drive with eyesight like that
MikeRJ

posted on 8/10/10 at 08:24 AM Reply With Quote
I love the 13" wheels on the BMW 7 sereis clone!

If the Chinese were able to innovate rather than relying on Japanese and Western designs to copy we would be in real trouble.

Humbug

posted on 8/10/10 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
I love the 13" wheels on the BMW 7 sereis clone!

If the Chinese were able to innovate rather than relying on Japanese and Western designs to copy we would be in real trouble.

There are enough of them, so I don't think it will be too long... look at the Japanese: they started off by making Western items (like cars...) under licence, then their own crappy ones, then their own OK ones, then their own innovative ones which are often better than "ours"...

nick205

posted on 8/10/10 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
How do they get away with such blatant copying - you'd think the like of BMW would be "pursuing" them.

...or is it a conspiracy...!

Maybe BMW and others are secretly planning to move all production to China and have already set up there for the local markets to ease the transition.

Stranger things happen.

j37w

posted on 8/10/10 at 12:11 PM Reply With Quote
AND HAVE YOU NOTICED HOW THEY HAVE A FAMILY IN EVERY HIGH STREET IN EVERY TOWN IN BRITAIN. THEY ARE VERY CLOSE TO USA IN THE AMOUNT OF GOLD THEY HAVE (2ND IN THE WORLD) AND THEY HAVE TAKEN OVER SEVERAL PRECIOUS METAL AND MINERAL MINES IN AFRICA. I THINK THEY ARE A BIGGER THREAT TO US LONG TERM THAN THE TALIBAN.
NOW I HAVE THAT OFF MY CHEST I WILL GET BACK TO BUILDING MY CAR - THEY WON'T COPY THAT!

Dangle_kt

posted on 8/10/10 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
I love a nice bit of closet racism....

interestedparty

posted on 8/10/10 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by j37w
AND HAVE YOU NOTICED HOW THEY HAVE A FAMILY IN EVERY HIGH STREET IN EVERY TOWN IN BRITAIN. THEY ARE VERY CLOSE TO USA IN THE AMOUNT OF GOLD THEY HAVE (2ND IN THE WORLD) AND THEY HAVE TAKEN OVER SEVERAL PRECIOUS METAL AND MINERAL MINES IN AFRICA. I THINK THEY ARE A BIGGER THREAT TO US LONG TERM THAN THE TALIBAN.
NOW I HAVE THAT OFF MY CHEST I WILL GET BACK TO BUILDING MY CAR - THEY WON'T COPY THAT!

Caps lock, not really the done thing round here, old boy!

As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list-- I've got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground,
And who never would be missed-- who never would be missed!

scootz

posted on 8/10/10 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by interestedparty
quote:

How quintessentially 'British' - we have a questionable post on our forum and we flame the poster... for using CAPS LOCK!!!

It's Evolution Baby!

interestedparty

posted on 8/10/10 at 05:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
quote:
quote:

How quintessentially 'British' - we have a questionable post on our forum and we flame the poster... for using CAPS LOCK!!!

Well, he had already been flamed for the other thing.

As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list-- I've got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground,
And who never would be missed-- who never would be missed!

Andi

posted on 8/10/10 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
maybe its just me but.........
The Taliban dont really scare me from ths distance

scootz

posted on 8/10/10 at 06:10 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
quote:
quote:

Well, he had already been flamed for the other thing.

Quite!

It's Evolution Baby!

Peteff

posted on 8/10/10 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
They're even sending snooker players over to beat us at our own game now, the boundahs. It'll be cricket and golf next, you mark my words.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

MikeR

posted on 8/10/10 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
I say, its just not cricket! pass the tea vicar.

Actually he has a point (although i'm ignoring some of the points made). The Chinese own a lot of the debt in the world, they own a lot of the mineral rights in the world (most of Africa, i believe Mugabe sold off all of Zimbabwe from x feet down to China a couple of years ago for very little - now that is a bloke who deserves a good kicking, sold his country out and made it into a backwater).

The Chinese have followed the path trodden by a lot of countries in the last 50 years, the difference is they are FAR larger than any other country, treading quickly and aren't a democracy therefore can force through decisions - heck they managed to build an international airport in less time than its taken us to decide about possibly considering to have a runway at Heathrow.

The issue we've got is how we (the uk) are going to maintain our position of 'power' in the world. In 50 to 150 years i do worry we're going to be stuffed and rapidly heading towards 3rd world nation status.

MikeR

posted on 8/10/10 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
oh, and the reason they can copy the cars is they don't have the same copyright laws we do in the 'west'. Its an issue for lots of companies and how they get to produce some things so cheaply - they copy.

When i was doing a project for the NHS a networks guy explained he could by a cisco router for X (can't remember the figure). He could buy a Chinese identical totally ripped off version for about 1/2x. The British Gov. couldn't be seen to support this so they went with the original and expensive version & they bought LOTS.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.