Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Storage or workshop space around renfrewshire area?
sdh2903

posted on 18/10/10 at 02:09 PM Reply With Quote
Storage or workshop space around renfrewshire area?

As above I'm building outside at the minute under a waterproof gazebo, but due to weather starting to turn I'm after renting some storage space, garage, industrial unit etc.

Ive scoured the yell listing for farms (barns), industrial lets, garage rentals etc but no joy, There must be 30 farms within a 15 mile radius of my house too!

I thought as a long shot I would ask on here to see if anyone has anything available? I'm more than happy to pay rent contribute to bills etc etc.

I live in Bridge of Weir but dont mind travelling a bit away to get somewhere suitable.

Cheers for reading!

Steve

DavidR

posted on 18/10/10 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Have you tried http://glasgow.gumtree.com/

Lots of Expensive lockups in the west end !

But somebody might have someting to suit you ?

sdh2903

posted on 18/10/10 at 04:58 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers for that never thought of gumtree!

There are a couple that i have enquired about.

Out of interest is there anyone on here that rents a garage? Just wondered what a fair price was? I ve seen a few that are £120+ a month, just a lock up with no power or anything. I know beggars cant be choosers but still wondered what a good deal was.

cheers
Steve

JekRankin

posted on 18/10/10 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
I'm in the same position - I live in Glasgow and work in Renfrew and am looking to rent somewhere to store my car once its built.

Have done some googling but mainly seems to throw up garages for rent in the West End at silly prices.

My next line of enquiry was to have a look round my local streets, find some suitable garages and knock on some doors or leave some notes.

There must be some people out there who don't need or use the space, its just finding them thats the trouble. My father is a farmer and he has let out space in the sheds for small sums of money in the past, but would never be bothered to adversite it.

Best of luck with the search,
Jek

PS...if you find a suitable double garage and are willing to share, give me a shout!

Jumpy Guy

posted on 18/10/10 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
Guys, Im in the same boat. Im in Glasgow and looking for somewhere...

Thats three of us.. you reckon we could get a small unit cheap somewhere?

Andybarbet

posted on 18/10/10 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
My council rented garage costs me £48 per month in North Hertfordshire, only use it to store our 34 year old mini !

Gives you a rough idea on price but sounds way cheaper than up your way !

I thought i was getting ripped off...

Give a man a fish & it will feed him for a day, give him a fishing rod & you've saved a fish.

Benzine

posted on 18/10/10 at 07:27 PM Reply With Quote
I've had 3 different workshops/lockups in the past. 2 were found from putting an ad in the local paper. Retrorides forum has a sub forum about garages/workshops, might be worth putting a post up there.

http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=rrgs

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JekRankin

posted on 19/10/10 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
Putting an ad in the local paper is a good shout. I'll have a look at the link also, thanks.

Yeah I'd be willing to share a small unit if one was availabe. I'm working abroad just now, but will continue my search when I get back near Christmas.

Jek

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.