Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: A word of Autumn caution........
Jon Ison

posted on 27/10/10 at 08:29 PM Reply With Quote
A word of Autumn caution........

Wasps still sting, particularly when you unknowingly step on one with bare feet.

Are they not supposed to asleep by now ?

StevieB

posted on 27/10/10 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
Should be, but seemingly they aren't ready to give up their summer yet.

We've just moved to a new office building and the windows are swarming with as any wasps as you would expect on a hot summers day - fortunately they're on the outside while we sit in climate controlled paradise inside.

Howlor

posted on 27/10/10 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
Just to add, leafy damp back roads! Had a moment between Warsop and Mansfield earlier!

Haven't seen a wasp for weeks but will beware from now on!

Steve

iscmatt
Contributor

Posts 1929
Registered 30/3/06
Location York

Photo Archive Go!
Building: - BUILT - 2.0 pinto indy, Kent Cam, zzr1100 carbs

posted on 27/10/10 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
Another to add I saw the biggest wasp I had ever seen wandering over one of our birdboxes, it got dispatched with a flat head screwdriver, already lost one birdbox to a wasp nest last summer!

Also +1 for slippery roads, nearly slid into a volvo on the weekend but managed to avoid it by going off road, also fords (as in water crossings) are quite high at this time of year, plenty of steam off the exhaust! Also look out for random rockfall, thank god I have a sumpguard, on the subject uneven camber roads are also to be looked out for (again the sumpguard has saved me!) - that lot was on the most recent ride to the yorkshire moors! Good times!

Daddylonglegs

posted on 27/10/10 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
Thank god for that! I thought it was just me. I was out in the garage sorting out wiring for the Locost loom and a bl**dy Jasper was whizzing around without a care in the world! Buggered off before I could whack it

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

NigeEss

posted on 27/10/10 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iscmatt
Another to add I saw the biggest wasp I had ever seen

Probs a hornet. Evil looking mothers !

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.................Douglas Adams.

Volvorsport

posted on 27/10/10 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
apparently queens will be looking for somewhere to sleep right around this time .

www.dbsmotorsport.co.uk
getting dirty under a bus

coozer

posted on 27/10/10 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Also +1 for slippery roads, nearly slid into a volvo on the weekend but managed to avoid it by going off road, also fords (as in water crossings) are quite high at this time of year, plenty of steam off the exhaust! Also look out for random rockfall, thank god I have a sumpguard, on the subject uneven camber roads are also to be looked out for (again the sumpguard has saved me!) - that lot was on the most recent ride to the yorkshire moors! Good times!

Aye, went down the beach last sunday in the rain looking for drift wood. Theres a stream to cross to get on the beach which was nice and steady going down. Coming back about an hour and a half later it was a raging torrent! No other way off than to wade through it.... water was over the bonnet and up against my window!

At least the shogun kept the water out, if we'd had a landy I'm sure the water in the cabin would have been the same as the stream!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

alistairolsen

posted on 28/10/10 at 06:46 AM Reply With Quote
or if one lands on your neck and you roll over in your sleep

little ba****d!

My Build Thread

donny

posted on 28/10/10 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
quote:

Aye, went down the beach last sunday in the rain looking for drift wood. Theres a stream to cross to get on the beach which was nice and steady going down. Coming back about an hour and a half later it was a raging torrent! No other way off than to wade through it.... water was over the bonnet and up against my window!

At least the shogun kept the water out, if we'd had a landy I'm sure the water in the cabin would have been the same as the stream!

+2 for the roads. Just came off my roadbike big time in Edinburgh. Thankfully the cars all missed me. Bike ok - managed to protect it by landing on my backside which is now a bit shredded. No wasps here though.

philw

posted on 28/10/10 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Volvorsport
apparently queens will be looking for somewhere to sleep right around this time .

More so in Brighton i believe.

Must try harder

RichardK

posted on 28/10/10 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by philw
quote:
Originally posted by Volvorsport

More so in Brighton i believe.

LOL

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.