Author: Subject: Video from August, Race 1 NI Sevens at Kirkistown
alister667

posted on 29/10/10 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
Video from August, Race 1 NI Sevens at Kirkistown

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdQfjVP0zm8

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXfKG3mGquc

Now with commentary so it's (hopefully) a little easier to follow.

It's me doing the commentary, so go easy eh?

All the best,

Ali

http://members.lycos.co.uk/alister667/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RK

posted on 30/10/10 at 12:09 AM Reply With Quote
"Hey Maggie! What's 'incoherently' mean?"
RK

posted on 30/10/10 at 12:57 AM Reply With Quote
Actually, the commentary makes it good to watch. Usually race videos are not that interesting if you don't know the people involved.
alister667

posted on 30/10/10 at 01:00 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers! There's folks in other parts on Northern Ireland can't understand what I'm saying, let alone Canada!

Glad you enjoyed it!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RK

posted on 30/10/10 at 01:21 AM Reply With Quote
you're not from near Derry are you? Google answer: No. I have taken that Larne ferry though (in 1979).

Sound just like John Peel's favourite band. Mine too. Great live with the old guy singing, not the new one.

[Edited on 30/10/10 by RK]

[Edited on 30/10/10 by RK]

Andy D

posted on 30/10/10 at 07:21 AM Reply With Quote
It cant be easy trying to tie the different bits of footage together, but thats a bloody good effort. Really enjoyed it.

There are a few non sevens in the race, are they in some sort of invitation class? (Radical, Ginetta.. Fury maybe..)

jimmyd

posted on 30/10/10 at 07:54 AM Reply With Quote
Well done young man very well produced. Enjoyed the commentary but then I do speak Norn Iron.

J

Andy D

posted on 30/10/10 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jimmyd
Well done young man very well produced. Enjoyed the commentary but then I do speak Norn Iron.

J

Are you Jimmy Duggan? if so, you are a lucky man.. that spin across the track in part one must have had the pulse racing a bit!

alister667

posted on 30/10/10 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
I glad folks are enjoying it.

The non sevens in the race - they are part of the Roadsports series - the 'A' class (the NI Sevens race as class B in Roadsports) and they are allowed pretty much any engine (AFAIK) road legal tyres. Radicals do well in this, but Stephen Donnelly's locost with a Honda S2000 engine has dominated all year. He's a cracking driver - I've seen him win Formula Libra races in it!

They normally start the A class 10 seconds before the NI Sevens (all 929cc or less bike engines), to make it a little less congested.

There's a website here with points tables and more details.

http://www.nisevensracing.co.uk/

I'm glad folks can make out what I'm saying - that's me talking posh and all! I'm originally from Dungannon direction, but I've lived all over, Belfast, Dublin etc.

The plan is to produce a DVD with all the races (+1 hillclimb and 1 sprint) covered and sell it to anyone interested, most of the drivers have shown an interest. Most of the footage from the year is up on Youtube, although not all of it has commentary!

Cheers

Ali

RK

posted on 30/10/10 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
Your commentary and racing combined makes you realise how boring F1 can be. I think you're onto something.
gixermark

posted on 31/10/10 at 05:51 PM Reply With Quote
yep - our very own Murray !!

Top job Ali... and look forward to seeing the DVD's - make em in time for Christmas.... presents for the family sorted - just what they always wanted...

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.