Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Testing the water
Rob E

posted on 2/11/10 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
Testing the water

Hi I am testing the water as far as I am thinking of selling my 2.0 zetec black top 1 year old done 4000 miles and my emerald ecu not sure which one but bought a year ago brand new anyone got any ideas what they would be worth individually? many thanks Rob

[Edited on 3/11/10 by Rob E]

The ecu comes with the plug and short wires but no loom, there is the dash switch 3 way, race ,eco, anti theft, plugs straight in to the side , The engine is standard no alternator or bracket as this i am using hope this helps, i will be putting it on ebay soon.

[Edited on 4/11/10 by Rob E]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

snapper

posted on 2/11/10 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
You can buy a brand new one from GBS for about £650 so less than that, I would not pay more than 300 unless I personally new the engine, emerald ECU's are about 600 so half that, but as always depends who wants it.
I would keep an eye on eBay to see what they go for

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

snapper

posted on 2/11/10 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
There is a Zetec and Emerald on eBay 2 days to go, £150 for both.

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

austin man

posted on 2/11/10 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
what are you changing it for ?

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

matt_gsxr

posted on 2/11/10 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
the one on e-bay is in bits and the emerald looks old too.

I think if were buying (and I am not), then seeing it running and going for a ride prior to purchase would add a lot of value compared to playing e-bay-roulette.

Matt

CNHSS1

posted on 2/11/10 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
emeralds hold their money, if its latest K3 version (3 dash switchable map version), ill wager itll see the thick end of £350-£400

"Racing is life, everything else, before or after, is just waiting"---Steve McQueen

ChrisW

posted on 2/11/10 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
I've been looking for an Emerald. Not really budgetted for it this month, and next month is likely to be saving for Christmas, but if it was a price too good to miss I'd be tempted

Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
adrianreeve

posted on 3/11/10 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
You have u2u

Cheers

Adrian

Strontium Dog

posted on 3/11/10 at 09:58 AM Reply With Quote
The engine on fleabay looks like it has shagged bores and the ecu is ignition only. You can't see the condition of the cams so the best bit is probably the vernier pulleys! Not the same as a full fuel and ignition ecu or a 4000mile engine
big_wasa

posted on 3/11/10 at 01:50 PM Reply With Quote
It would be best to say what bits if any come with the engine ie short sump rwd alternater set up ect as these are the bits that add reall value.

Ive seen old dta's go for £300-£350 so I would bet yours will fetch more on a good day. They are £600 ish plus loom so again say what comes with it in tearms of hardware and software.

donn006

posted on 6/11/10 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
ecu

hi ill be interested in the ecu and plug
Rob E

posted on 7/11/10 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rob E
Hi I am testing the water as far as I am thinking of selling my 2.0 zetec black top 1 year old done 4000 miles and my emerald ecu not sure which one but bought a year ago brand new anyone got any ideas what they would be worth individually? many thanks Rob

The ecu comes with the plug and short wires but no loom, there is the dash switch 3 way, race ,eco, anti theft, plugs straight in to the side , The engine is standard no alternator or bracket as this i am using hope this helps, i will be putting it on ebay soon.

[Edited on 4/11/10 by Rob E]

It is now on the bay
EMERALD ECU FOR KIT CAR /CAR/GRASS TRACK/TRACK/UPGRADE on eBay (end time 12-Nov-10 19:39:05 GMT)T

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.