Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: How long do I wait?
plentywahalla

posted on 4/11/10 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
How long do I wait?

I know its my fault for not searching the forum first for feedback.

But ... I saw this nice shiny website with lots of goodies, and the bits I needed so I ordered them. The website was GTS tuning and that was a month ago. His email just returns automated replies saying he will respond in 48 hours but doesn't and the mobile no. is 'not recognised'.

I don't want to start another witchhunt, but you guys obviously know this character better than I do. So I want to know what to do next.

I really do need the parts to get on with the build. They are not made to order bits and are available from other places, Rally Design etc. Its not a lot of money, about £70.

Will they turn up eventually or not. Do I just give up and buy them from someone else?

ernie

posted on 4/11/10 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
I do know that RD supplies the GTS car and parts
russbost

posted on 4/11/10 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
talk to eddie99 on here he may be able to help.
The other alternative, worth it if it's for a substantil sum is to go down there & come away either with a refund or with goods to the value!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Ben_Copeland

posted on 4/11/10 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
Try him on Skype, he's usually on there.

or talk to Eddie 99 or Flakmonkey.

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

dan_g8

posted on 4/11/10 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
try sending a message to eddie99, i believe that he is often in contact with gts

looks like i was too slow! lol

[Edited on 4/11/10 by dan_g8]

russbost

posted on 4/11/10 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
Just a further point if you bought from the website, you hopefully paid with a credit card or Paypal (not a debit card direct) in either case they will refund you if you contact them & report you've paid for goods you've not received.

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Hellfire

posted on 4/11/10 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
First of all if you do a search in the GTS section, you'll find there are a few people on this forum that have kindly taken it upon themselves to act as mediators between members of Locostbuilders and GTS. However, I'm not sure if they still do it (afterall, I would imagine it's a thankless task) It might be worth contacting them first to see if they'd be prepared to do the same for you.

If not, there's not really a lot you can do to force the issue, other than to be persistent. ie, sending letters and phoning him regularly.

Personally I'd buy from elsewhere and try to get your money back from GTS by whatever means necessary........

Phil

adithorp

posted on 4/11/10 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
Just do a search for GTS

Where's the best place to get a large supply of popcorn?

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

fesycresy

posted on 4/11/10 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
Doom and gloom, but you never know you could get your parts next week.

Probably the day after I win the lottery

Fair play to flak and eddie99, but I've got to agree, what a thankless task, how many times have their names been rolled out?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

Stuart_B

posted on 4/11/10 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
as said, eddie99 speaks often, but ed is now at uni, so not sure any more, i will try and get hold off ed for you to see if he can sort it out.

cheers

stuart

black mk indy, 1.6pinto on cbr600 bike carb's.

steve m

posted on 4/11/10 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
"Where's the best place to get a large supply of popcorn? "

i said something similar a few months ago, on the "GTS" theme and got a right flaming/ u2u 's

so, now mums the word !!

Not

GTS should have some form of order put against them, as they are not what this "club, or any other wants"

"Fair play to flak and eddie99, but I've got to agree, what a thankless task, how many times have their names been rolled out? "

But why have two other club members got to sort out the disgusting buisness practice/fraud of GTS

[Edited on 4/11/10 by steve m]

Triton

posted on 4/11/10 at 11:04 PM Reply With Quote
Amazes me how he is still trading

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
plentywahalla

posted on 26/11/10 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
Darren has finally delivered, goods are fine and well packaged. Many thanks to Gavin.

Everybody understands that goods are sometimes out of stock ... Recently I ordered some alloy uprights from Rally Design. They were out of stock and were not expected to be available for about 8 weeks. They kept me fully informed and gave me the option of cancelling the order. Most importantly they didn't take any money off my card until the goods were ready for delivery.

Thats the way to do business properly !!

mistergrumpy

posted on 27/11/10 at 04:10 AM Reply With Quote
That was my experience with Rally Design too...the first couple of times. Then it changed.
interestedparty

posted on 27/11/10 at 06:57 AM Reply With Quote
What would have been wrong with putting GTS in the thread title? Might have got more replies.

As some day it may happen that a victim must be found,
I've got a little list-- I've got a little list
Of society offenders who might well be underground,
And who never would be missed-- who never would be missed!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.