Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: burning poppys
Strontium Dog

posted on 12/11/10 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
I'm with Benzine on this. Some time ago I spent a couple of years working for Adelphi refugee housing as an electrician. I got to meet many refugees from different countries and backgrounds.

While it is true to say some were free loading scumbags, they were the small minority. I also met chaps like the young Afghan who bore the scars of serious torture, things like the scars of where the bones had poked out of his fingers as each one was systematically broken, one at a time. There was worse too but kids read this forum, my own included.

Now if the above young Afghan had no where to go, he would have been welcome in my home rather than send him back for some more torture and probably a slow and painful death. He is someone's son too you know!

My 84 year old Mother reads the Mail and believes the filth they print. It is those scumbags that promote such racial intolerance we should be looking at first if you ask me!

Do any of you know your heritage? Very few of us are British through and through, this is and island of immigrants and has been for thousands of years. A favourite of mine is that Albert Einstein was a refugee!

Think about it!

BenB

posted on 12/11/10 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Strontium Dog
Do any of you know your heritage? Very few of us are British through and through, this is and island of immigrants and has been for thousands of years. A favourite of mine is that Albert Einstein was a refugee!

Amen to that.

People rapidly forget their own mixed heritage. A patient of mine made me giggle- had a heavy R.O.Irish accent and was saying how she was going to move back to Dublin and that N.W.London wasn't what it used to be- "it's full of foreigners".

David Jenkins

posted on 12/11/10 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
Absolutely - we're the biggest bunch of mongrels in Europe!

And much the better for it, too.

02GF74

posted on 12/11/10 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by carpmart

Just look at the LCB community. The demographic of this site is pretty representative of the country as a whole.

Not sure I agree. I would say at least 90% of LCB is white and male.

I do not see much non-white, if I can say that, interest in Kit cars, Land Rovers and motorbikes.

flak monkey

posted on 12/11/10 at 02:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
I'm with Benzine on this. Some time ago I spent a couple of years working for Adelphi refugee housing as an electrician. I got to meet many refugees from different countries and backgrounds.

While it is true to say some were free loading scumbags, they were the small minority. I also met chaps like the young Afghan who bore the scars of serious torture, things like the scars of where the bones had poked out of his fingers as each one was systematically broken, one at a time. There was worse too but kids read this forum, my own included.

Now if the above young Afghan had no where to go, he would have been welcome in my home rather than send him back for some more torture and probably a slow and painful death. He is someone's son too you know!

My 84 year old Mother reads the Mail and believes the filth they print. It is those scumbags that promote such racial intolerance we should be looking at first if you ask me!

Think about it!

QFT

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

Confused but excited.

posted on 12/11/10 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
Firstly, they are not Muslims, as true Muslims do not have a problem with Christians.

Secondly,we brought this on ourselves by leeting Blair take over Monica Lewinsky's job (Note the blue suits).

The cure? Deport the f*cking lot. Born here or not. If they don't like it here, let them live somewhere else.

AS OF THIS WEEKEND 300 BRITISH SOLDIERS HAVE LOST THERE LIVES IN AFGHANISTAN SINCE 2001

Let's not forget that FREEDOM is not free.

God and the soldier
We alike adore,

In times of peril
Not before

The danger past
And all conflict righted

God is forgotten
And the soldier slighted.

THE FINAL INSPECTION

The soldier stood and faced God,
Which must always come to pass.
He hoped his shoes were shining,
Just as brightly as his brass.

'Step forward now, you soldier,
How shall I deal with you ?
Have you always turned the other cheek ?
To My Church have you been true?'

The soldier squared his shoulders and said,
'No, Lord, I guess I ain't.
Because those of us who carry guns,
Can't always be a saint.

I've had to work most Sundays,
And at times my talk was tough.
And sometimes I've been violent,
Because the world is awfully rough.

But, I never took a penny,
That wasn't mine to keep...
Though I worked a lot of overtime,
When the bills got just too steep.

And I never passed a cry for help,
Though at times I shook with fear.
And sometimes, God, forgive me,
I've wept unmanly tears.

I know I don't deserve a place,
Among the people here.
They never wanted me around,
Except to calm their fears.

If you've a place for me here, Lord,
It needn't be so grand.
I never expected or had too much,
But if you don't, I'll understand.

There was a silence all around the throne,
Where the saints had often trod.
As the soldier waited quietly,
For the judgment of his God.

'Step forward now, you soldier,
You've borne your burdens well..
Walk peacefully on Heaven's streets,
You've done your time in Hell.'

It's the Soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the Press.
It's the Soldier, not the poet who has given us the freedom of speech.
It's the Soldier, not the politicians that ensures our right to Life, Liberty , and the pursuit of Happiness.
It's the Soldier, that salutes the flag, that serves beneath it, who's coffins are draped by it.

[Edited on 12/11/10 by Confused but excited.]

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

scootz

posted on 12/11/10 at 03:00 PM Reply With Quote
Any of you guys listen to Pat Condell?

It's Evolution Baby!

carpmart

posted on 12/11/10 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
quote:
Originally posted by carpmart

Just look at the LCB community. The demographic of this site is pretty representative of the country as a whole.

Not sure I agree. I would say at least 90% of LCB is white and male.

I do not see much non-white, if I can say that, interest in Kit cars, Land Rovers and motorbikes.

Just stop being so picky regarding the point I was making!

Honestly

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

adithorp

posted on 12/11/10 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
quote:

Amen to that.

People rapidly forget their own mixed heritage. A patient of mine made me giggle- had a heavy R.O.Irish accent and was saying how she was going to move back to Dublin and that N.W.London wasn't what it used to be- "it's full of foreigners".

Did you see the TV program that tested various peoples DNA to trace thier geographic roots. They tested one of the leaders of the National Front. Turned out his roots were mainly Polish, Jewish, Slavic, East African.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Strontium Dog

posted on 12/11/10 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz

http://www.patcondell.net/index.html

scootz

posted on 12/11/10 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by scootz

http://www.patcondell.net/index.html

The guy gets most most things spot-on... and can be quite funny at times with it!

It's Evolution Baby!

Strontium Dog

posted on 12/11/10 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
"Good people will do good things, and bad people will do bad things. But for good people to do bad things, that takes religion." Steven Weinberg.

http://pathstoknowledge.net/2009/11/14/good-people-will-do-good-things-and-bad-people-will-do-bad-things-but-for-good-people-to-do-bad-things-that-tak es-religion/

Ninehigh

posted on 13/11/10 at 12:40 AM Reply With Quote
If these places are so great (wherever it is they're for) then we should have a whip round and pay for them to f**k off. In fact no, we should all chip in to buy a plane.

I'm sure someone on here can fly one, we find these people who hate Britain so much and drop them in whichever country they like.

Then again we're so awful at being human beings maybe we would get the deserts of Afghanistan and the deserts of Siberia mixed up (oops...)

DorsetStrider

posted on 25/11/10 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
Following on from this thread I noticed THIS story on MSN today.

As I speculated in my earlier post it would appear that freedom of speech/expression is selective.

Discuss

[Edited on 25/11/10 by DorsetStrider]

Who the f**K tightened this up!

prawnabie

posted on 25/11/10 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
Poppys are nothing to do with religion but burning there version of the bible. No need for either of the stunts really
DorsetStrider

posted on 25/11/10 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
I have to say I tend to agree.

Both were likely to cause unnessicary offense. Both demonstrations were unlikely to achieve anything thus making them pointless. Both just show the people who did it up as rather small pathetic excuses for humanity.

Who the f**K tightened this up!

flipp

posted on 27/11/10 at 11:18 PM Reply With Quote
deport,kill or remove this scum from our country before they create the havoc that they have caused in their countries.failling that go out buy some red paint,go out the night before a day of worship and paint the walls of a mosque with poppies,then sit back and wait for them to start burning the images.!!
MikeR

posted on 27/11/10 at 11:57 PM Reply With Quote
Who are we objecting too here?

Cause today my town has had to endure two sets of people marching through it, both objecting to the others.

Who are we sending to another country? The people who burn the poppies? the people who burn the quran? the people who disagree with me? what about the people who disagree with you? and the people who marched today, the people who disagreed with them?

If you want to send some people who claim to be muslim to another country, then we need to be sending the people who claim to be 'defending our countries history / heretige / what ever'.

ignore me - just annoyed at what i've been reading on the web from both sides and wish the lot would go away and leave 'my' country alone.

Ninehigh

posted on 28/11/10 at 02:43 AM Reply With Quote
Good point, we should take all those that burn anything as a political or religious statement and drop them somewhere around the pacific, let them fight it out there.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.