Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Daytime Running Lights
peteday_uk@btinternet.com

posted on 21/11/10 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
Daytime Running Lights

Hello All

As from next year it's law that all passenger vehicles will have to run daytime running lights. Is the true for our newly built kit cars when we have to put them through IVA?

Pete.

FrankP

posted on 21/11/10 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
I think its all cars bought after feb 2011. So all cars built before this are excluded.

I have seen mention that section 22 of the IVA manual talks about this.

Thanks

Frank

[Edited on 21/11/10 by FrankP]

Stott

posted on 21/11/10 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
Superb idea they are! Now all the cars will be running around with ultra annoying LED strips all over them so a cool looking car now looks crap whenever its driving around in the middle of the day.

A garage owner by me has a white R8 spyder, running around with the top down in the middle of summer, oh didn't it look great with it's DR lights on.............................

The absolute worst bit though is that when they became compulsory for bikes, it had a valid safety benefit, saving bikes lives. Now they are not going to be visible in the sea of poxy LEDs all around them. What a stupid thing to do.

Moorron

posted on 21/11/10 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
got to say i thought the idea was good, but with the new tech LED's that blind you and look naff. Is it me or does the porsches look the worst? they look really halfords add-ons style.

I know LEDS dont use much power but with all this 'save energy save the world' stuff you would have thought they would ban them.

Sorry about my spelling, im an engineer and only work in numbers.

blakep82

posted on 21/11/10 at 10:10 PM Reply With Quote
as if 2 tonnes of cars coming at you is not obvious enough, we now have to have lights on them, which makes them stand out, until ALL cars have them, and then they won't stand out, so they'll need something else. load of rubbish

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Stott

posted on 21/11/10 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
Think of the poor bikers!!!
Canada EH!

posted on 22/11/10 at 12:40 AM Reply With Quote
Take it easy over there, we have had them since the 80's in Ontario Canada, not that bad, only problem I have noticed is the types who install after market over wattage headlights.
Most of the new cars here now use the same bulb as the turn indicators, I have noticed the Mercs and Audi's with the LEDs.

Dale

posted on 22/11/10 at 01:59 AM Reply With Quote
They do help (in Canada as well) more so in the morning or at dusk when people should have head lights on.
Problem that really bothers me is that people somtimes think they have their headlights on and end up running around all the time with no tail lights- or dont bother to turn them on when its raining and you cant see the car at all due to the spray or fog.
Pretty sure its automatic on many new cars if the wipers are on more than 30 seconds the headlights automatically turn on. I know they do on my car.
Dale

Thanks
Dale

my 14 and11 year old boys 22
and 19 now want to drive but have to be 25 before insurance will allow. Finally on the road

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.