Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Air miles
omega 24 v6

posted on 21/11/10 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
Air miles

Have any of you registered or used your tesco vouchers for BAmiles?? seems you get 500 miles for £2.50 of vouchers ( can't be right surely). It does look like you need to be a member of the ba executive club ( what's the cost of that??). If you use it for the std offer airmiles club you only get 50 airmiles.
Seems to good to be true and there must be a catch somewhere IMHO.

Discuss please.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

Mix

posted on 21/11/10 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

No idea about the Tesco side of the deal but you can join BA Executive Club on line at BA.com - it's free.

Regards Mick

MikeRJ

posted on 21/11/10 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
Does seem like a good deal, but beware that there are very limited numbers of seats available to executive club members on most flights.
Humbug

posted on 21/11/10 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
BA Miles are worth less each than "normal" airmiles. Like most of the airlines nowadays, you earn miles based on the actual miles flown (when earned from flights!) but it costs many multiples to redeem them for "free" flights e.g. 50,000 miles for a return to the USA. Plus, you still have to pay the flight taxes separately.
twybrow

posted on 21/11/10 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
But the only free membership is the blue level. You then have to fly loads with BA (especially business class) to earn points to upgrade. Most of the offers only kick in when you reach the next level...
ashg

posted on 21/11/10 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
i have got loads of air miles but then im on a plane at least 3-4 times a month for work. the last thing i ever want to do when i get time off is get on a plane to go somewhere.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

geoff shep

posted on 21/11/10 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
Best (most value) way of using clubcard points is for clubcard deals. Least good way is face value in store.

ACT NOW

Clubcard deals are going from the current rate of 4:1 to 3:1 soon, so get your Pizza Express vouchers now.

Used to swap mine to airniles but it doesn't seem to give the same value as clubcard deals.

amalyos

posted on 21/11/10 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
Ba miles are not worth having. You never get the flight you want. Very restricted.
Air Berlin are great, I had 250,000. (I travel every week), last year used them for a holiday in egypt. Still got enough to get me and the wife to the states.

http://stevembuild.blogspot.com

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.