Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: PS3 Flashing red light :-(
omega0684

posted on 22/11/10 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
PS3 Flashing red light :-(

Evening all,

A mate of mine bought a PS3 off ebay about 2 weeks ago and yesterday came into work to say that it had thrown a wobbley and now wouldn't turn on, it just gave him a flashing red light. i said i'd take a look at it and did a bit of a search online. most forums say that its due to the cpu's over heating, others have said that its down to a dry joints on the motherboard. now i have had it apart tonight and apart it being quite dusty inside i noticed that it had clearly been opened before, (you could see thahe the screw tops had been damaged) but couldn't see any obvious damage (im going to look with a magnifying glass tomorrow at all the joints

after cleaning and putting back together i tried again, but no luck, its now back in pieces and i turn to you lot for wisdom

Can anyone help?

All the best

Alex

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rayward

posted on 22/11/10 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
dry joints on the processor, you need a reflow rig to sort it properly, but it can be done with a hot air gun, probobanly what its been apart for before !!

hth

Ray

StrikerChris

posted on 22/11/10 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
What he said,sorted mine with hotair gun about 2 months ago,fingers crossed it'll last.there's plenty of guides on the net.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
oadamo

posted on 22/11/10 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
just search ylod on u tube. ive had 2 go on me now. i put the mother board in the oven for 10 mins on 140 degees and i fixed the one. but didnt use it for a week and it ylod again lol.
adam

flak monkey

posted on 22/11/10 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
Check the HDD connection, especially if its been shipped anywhere. If they are loose then you get the same symptom.

Also try pressing and holding the power button for 5 secs which should do a hard reset just to make sure its nothing minor. It should beep a couple of times once you have held the button for long enough.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

omega0684

posted on 22/11/10 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
Check the HDD connection, especially if its been shipped anywhere. If they are loose then you get the same symptom.

Also try pressing and holding the power button for 5 secs which should do a hard reset just to make sure its nothing minor. It should beep a couple of times once you have held the button for long enough.

tried the hard reset dave but nothing happened, no beaping just flashing red light

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

Liam

posted on 22/11/10 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
Oh man this is bad! Right on GT5 release!

I feel for ya

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.