Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zetec Performance Inlet Manifold/Plenum
alawrence

posted on 22/11/10 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
Zetec Performance Inlet Manifold/Plenum

ZETEC PERFORMANCE INTAKE MANIFOLD on eBay (end time 29-Nov-10 21:29:30 GMT)&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
slingshot2000

posted on 22/11/10 at 11:56 PM Reply With Quote
Does anybody have any experience of these manifolds? It looks like it would help me with my Westfield/Zetec budget build. It would help me avoid cutting the bonnet which I would have to do to allow fitment of the Ford 'up and over' manifold.
But, 'omex electronics' own website does not list this. Is this just going to be something like the awful 'spencer/ashley' that someone recently purchased??
Id love to find a Griffin one, like some on here have used, but I dont know if I have time left for searching in haystacks.
As always, thanks for any help
Regards
Jon

[Edited on 23/11/10 by slingshot2000]

[Edited on 23/11/10 by slingshot2000]

MikeR

posted on 23/11/10 at 12:51 AM Reply With Quote
This is a griffin, just with an omex sticker on it. Not a bad price either.

I'm looking at producing some (in between other jobs). Will post on here when i make one.

big_wasa

posted on 23/11/10 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
This is a griffin, just with an omex sticker on it. Not a bad price either.

I'm looking at producing some (in between other jobs). Will post on here when i make one.

Yep would have come from Griffin with an omex. The omex comes with a sticker. You can see where this is going.

The starting price is fair and inline with others that have sold on here. I do know the seller was wanting more and as there no longer being made demand will dictate price.

A good chance to see if its worth you while Mike ?

they work but flow is never going to be as good as Tb's or even an Ho rs1800 manifold. But its a good budget option and it fits with no buggering about.

turnipfarmer

posted on 23/11/10 at 01:25 PM Reply With Quote
We're all waiting on yer, Mike R!
MikeR

posted on 23/11/10 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
Well you need to hassle the misses for me. She keeps telling me to clean this / wash that / get a job ..... (she has a point).

Phoned up and got a shock at metal prices! Going to redo some calcs and see if i can make the plenum out of 3" steel tube instead of 3.5" as its half the price. Also trying to decide if i should be fancy and go for a tapered design (wider at the end that the throttle body sits) to even out airflow between ports but this would mean a combination of box and tube welded together with more work on the ends, more steel and more cost (therefore higher price).

Still struggling to find a way of putting air horns / trumpets / rounded edges inside the individual tubes to each port. One idea i've currently got discounted was to make something like a ram to flair out a steel tube - but the forces involved would be huge and the tube seems really likely to split rather than stretch.

turnipfarmer

posted on 23/11/10 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
u2u MikeR
big_wasa

posted on 23/11/10 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
I would go for 4" not 3"

the only way I can think of adding trumpets is to cut a face of the tube and weld to a backing plate. If you could bend a 6mm bar around the runner then weld and smooth it would do the job and be locost.

i_froloshki

posted on 11/12/10 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
Hi, i was at a exhaust shop a couple of days ago here in Bulgaria and i saw a tool for making something like a trumpet - they use it for making the exhaust pipe edges. The guy told me that he can bend it like this very easy and for a beer. So i will take some pictures and post it here.
Yavor

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.