Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: T1R's am I missing something??
mikegsi

posted on 26/11/10 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
T1R's am I missing something??

Only ever experienced them in a dc2 Integra and thought they were pap, soft side walls and went off very quickly on track..

I'm looking into tyre options for my new 15" team dynamics, and though I don't rate them the price of the T1R's makes me want to consider them again.

Under £30 each on camskill in 195/50/15!!!

Other options are the new R1R (£63 each), Parada spec 2 (£50 ish each) or Goodyear F1's (gsd3's, not sure on price)

Out of all those I've only actually used the goodyear's and have no complaints about them whatsoever.

All my tyre choices are based on use with a typical 'performance' car, Evo's and Type R's mainly. Weight is a huge difference between those and the Indy, and is that why the T1R's seem to be a preferred choice?

Stott

posted on 26/11/10 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
I had T1Rs on a fiesta Turbo, I thought they were crap. About the same as a decent budget is the best I could say for them.

I have GSD3s on my car now (tintop) and they are very good, although they flat spot quickly if your partial to the bar! Luckily I have the made in Germany ones too. Strange tyres though. I parked on my hose pipe once for about 2 hours then I went for a drive and could hear the tyre where it had flattened for about 3 miles before it took shape again!!!!!!!!

ReMan

posted on 26/11/10 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
I've always been happy with them.
Good moist performance , but get sticky on a dry track.

I cant afford to run 888s

I would hate to think how long or well they would last on a tin top

And yes price is a real winner

mcerd1

posted on 26/11/10 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
I got these on my focus just now: vredestein sportrac3 (chaging to my winter tyres tomorrow thought)
I have to admit I've not tried any other decent tyres on it yet (its hard to get good tyres in 195/60 R15 V )
so far I'm very happy with the grip I get from them wet or dry

they are quite soft though so don't last forever... on the tin-top at least

got 16" T1R's for the rush (as have lots of other dax owners) but you'll be waiting a while for any feedback from me I'm afraid

[Edited on 26/11/2010 by mcerd1]

-

franky

posted on 26/11/10 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
They're rubbish on a heavy tin-top but quite good on a lightweight '7'
will121

posted on 26/11/10 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
i use them on a stripped out track day fiesta and yes the side walls are soft, on a 900kg fiesta need to be over inflated to avoid tyre roll, but i think they are quite good especially in wet conditions and when warmed up in dry very predictable
norfolkluego

posted on 26/11/10 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
Had T1Rs on the Luego before we swopped to R888s, I would say they're good in warm weather, a lot less so in cold weather (that's sprinting them)
stevetzoid

posted on 26/11/10 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
I have 215/35 zr18 on a 450 bhp p1 impreza. with bc coil over shocks set up for fast road use, sticks like poo to a blanket surely its not just the rubber. get real guy's. stop dreaming and start living!!.
mikegsi

posted on 26/11/10 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry mate but I can see 3 errors there straight away

1. Subaru
2. Buddy Club
3. The thought that tyres have nothing to do with grip/handling

Weight wise my Indy should be around 450kg, it's really tempting as I could get 4 T1R's for less than the price of 2 R1R's, but if they're as pap as I remember them it's just money wasted....

ChrisW

posted on 26/11/10 at 11:14 PM Reply With Quote
I run them on my MR2 and used to run them on my XR2 before I switched to Yoko A539's. The Yoko's were better, but the Toyo's lasted a lot longer! The Fez was only 800kg's though so maybe that ties in with what people are saying about them being better on kits that tin tops. Also I ran 45 profiles so less chance of sidewalls flexing.

Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JimSpencer

posted on 27/11/10 at 08:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mikegsi
Only ever experienced them in a dc2 Integra and thought they were pap, soft side walls and went off very quickly on track..

Hi

You've answered your own question - their sidewalls and compound are too soft for an Integra (double the weight of your MK?) is what makes them OK for a Seven.

Ran them for several years as the weapon of choice off the MSA 1A list (i.e. std road tyres) for sprints / hillclimbs and road use, good all round road tyre, nowhere near a soft 888 / A048 / Avon though!

A lot depends on how much use your car gets & when really, if it's summer only and not a huge number of miles stick a medium 888 / A048 on it as they'll do a few thousand miles! If it's all year then go for something harder like the T1R but they'll probably age before wearing out..

MikeRJ

posted on 30/11/10 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
I've had two sets on my Fiat Coupe and also had them on my Civic VTi and my MR2 Turbo. Plenty of grip wet or dry, but the sidewalls are a bit squidgy, especially on my Fiat with the weighty engine. Then again having them pumped up to 39 psi (standard book pressure!) on the front helps.
mikegsi

posted on 30/11/10 at 11:55 PM Reply With Quote
Managed to find the parada's for £38, just waiting for camskill to see how much they'll beat them by, chances are I'll be going for those at that price.

I'm just still not overly confident that I'll be happy with the T1R's going from past experiences albeit on heavier cars

mikegsi

posted on 1/12/10 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
Camskill wouldn't/couldn't beat the price

Yoko Parada Spec 2 195/50/15 £38.72 each plus £5.88 postage, bought from www.tyretraders.com

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.