Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MX5 roundabout drift
nick205

posted on 10/12/10 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
MX5 roundabout drift

Out in the car today and came up to a round about - cold greasy smooth tarmac. Car joining from right was a fairly tatty little MK1 MX5, didn't pay it much attention until the driver hoofed it onto the round about and held it sideways past me, past the next exit and to beautifully controlled dismount down the 3rd exit. Middle aged chap he was with a bloody great grin on his face

steve m

posted on 10/12/10 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
Until he kills someone ??
pekwah1

posted on 10/12/10 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
no more dangerous than all the idiots who don't indicate, don't give way, tailgate etc etc...
steve m

posted on 10/12/10 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
Andy, do you mean any BMW or Audi driver ????
AndyW

posted on 10/12/10 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m

Well another typical comment from someone who clearly has no idea what they are talking about. I dont care who you are or what you drive and I dont judge you. Or maybe I should

pekwah1

posted on 10/12/10 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
oi! i'm an audi driver! and probably a bmw driver soon.....

i mean most drivers about your age actually.....

pekwah1

posted on 10/12/10 at 10:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AndyW
quote:
Originally posted by steve m

Well another typical comment from someone who clearly has no idea what they are talking about. I dont care who you are or what you drive and I dont judge you. Or maybe I should

You should judge, how else would we know who's better than who!

steve m

posted on 10/12/10 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!

hahahahahahahaha

chrisxr2

posted on 10/12/10 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
im 33

Im 33 on the 19th and took great delight overtaking an arctic sideways today at well within the prescripted speed limit on on damp road with wife and 1 year old in the car, always in full control of all, but my smile.
in a 2003 leon cupra r with complaining what the frick are you doing traction control

[Edited on 10/12/10 by chrisxr2]

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Mr G

posted on 10/12/10 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
Or General Lee drivers?

Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a
car that you are still paying for - in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes
and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

steve m

posted on 10/12/10 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
What a nob
MikeRJ

posted on 10/12/10 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chrisxr2
Im 33 on the 19th and took great delight overtaking an arctic sideways today at well within the prescripted speed limit on on damp road with wife and 1 year old in the car, always in full control of all,

I think you'd find the law would disagree with you on that last point...

T66

posted on 10/12/10 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
Noob end

marcjagman

posted on 10/12/10 at 10:47 PM Reply With Quote
Not telling how old I am, but I do have a few grand kids, and I do enjoy a bit of sideways action now and then. (Probably because it puts my hip back in place)
steve m

posted on 10/12/10 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote
A good debate this is ??

some have "master" b4

daniel mason

posted on 10/12/10 at 10:54 PM Reply With Quote
to even think about getting the back end to skip out with a child on-board is insane! thats all i have to say on the matter..

pekwah1

posted on 10/12/10 at 10:56 PM Reply With Quote
have you guys gone nuts?
i think he was joking.....

daniel mason

posted on 10/12/10 at 10:59 PM Reply With Quote
hillarious

D Beddows

posted on 10/12/10 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
He was probably breaking the speed limit soon after as well........ there is a wierd 'holier than thou' attitude on here sometimes....... it's ok, in fact encouraged, to have over 200bhp and if it's got 300+bhp and has 500kg hanging over the front end with some cheapo dampers even better etc etc but it's not aceptable to speed so why bother, people trawl ebay to find potentialy illegal cars even though it's nothing to do with them, Ken Block is a god....... but where do you think he started doing that stuff....... Don't get me wrong I don't want some muppet in a Corsa 'drifting' into me because he's not as good as he thinks he is but I've seen enough 'oops I crashed it threads' to know that not nearly as many people on here are as good at driving as they think they are either.....

Coat on etc etc

g.gilo

posted on 10/12/10 at 11:15 PM Reply With Quote
drift

here here mr beddows
nick205

posted on 10/12/10 at 11:18 PM Reply With Quote
I'd not condone drifting your car on purpose, however in this instance I was the ony other vehicle and already stopped well back from the juntion, the 2rd exit was a field and the 3rd a very long 2 lane one way slip onto a dual carriageway. No he shouldn't be doing it and yes he could have wrecked his car, but I'd give him the benefit of doubt that he probably doesn't drive like that all the time as some others seem to.

On the same journey, approx. 1/2 mile from home some tit in a range rover decided he was going to swerve scross my bow and park half on the pavement outside Tesco Express half in a bus stop. I had to anchor up pretty firmly and dispense some driving advice

Steve Hignett

posted on 10/12/10 at 11:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
hillarious

X2

Richard Quinn

posted on 10/12/10 at 11:33 PM Reply With Quote
Two nights on the trot I have encountered the same tw*t in a pretend Astra VXR when I've been coming away from the office. Last night he barged his way from a side road into two lanes of traffic waiting to enter a roundabout. He couldn't get into the r/h lane in time for the roundabout so decided that he would nail it and drive around the outside to the 3rd exit despite the car on his right wanting to go straight over on the 2nd exit.
Tonight he shot straight straight out in front of me across into the outside lane approaching some traffic lights with a "no right turn" sign up. The lights were on red but he didn't even slow down and turned right anyway.
I can tolerate a little over exuberance with the loud pedal accompanied with some competent car control but this type of unnecessary dangerous stupidity really irritates me!

D Beddows

posted on 10/12/10 at 11:45 PM Reply With Quote
lol, I fully appreciate that some comments aren't as serious as they 1st appear, and yes I was always aware of it beause I've been on here far too long BUT I still stand by my 1st post.....

MikeRJ

posted on 11/12/10 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by D Beddows
He was probably breaking the speed limit soon after as well........ there is a wierd 'holier than thou' attitude on here sometimes....... it's ok, in fact encouraged, to have over 200bhp and if it's got 300+bhp and has 500kg hanging over the front end with some cheapo dampers even better etc etc but it's not aceptable to speed so why bothe

As always, there is a time and place for these things, and personally I feel if you have small child tucked up in the car it is not a very clever or responsible thing to do.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.