Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Need some advice
brock32

posted on 14/12/10 at 07:50 AM Reply With Quote
Need some advice

Hi Guys,

Sorry to ask and reopen this topic but i really am at my wits end with Darren.

I did not know about the history with Darren before i purchased the parts from him, if i had i would have steered clear.

I know you have heard this all before but i don't know how to continue.

So i ordered about 400 quid of parts off Darren in January 2010. Took my money no worries and got a email that parts would only be a few weeks away(I am sure this sounds familiar) No response from here on. I emailed every month or so asking for updates but nothing has been answered.

I then asked Eddie99 to ask Darren for me. I had a few emails to Ed who is a nice guy but i assume that he had about as much luck as i did in the end.

I received a email from Darren in September saying that my order was dispatched but no details about delivery and again no response from Darren on this matter.

So the i asked Flak Monkey via this forum and i haven't heard anything yet either(this was a month ago).

I have no problem with Ed or Dave they have tried to help but the problem as we all know is with Darren.

So as i am from Australia could someone recommend to me a course of action that i could take to either get my money back or my parts.

My Build has been sitting stagnant for about 10 months due to these parts and i have been sitting, hoping that my parts would come soon.

Again i am sorry for bringing this up but i really don't know what to do next.

Cheers

Brock

[Edited on 14/12/10 by brock32]

carpmart

posted on 14/12/10 at 08:03 AM Reply With Quote
I don't know the ins and outs of this but I think you will have to cut your losses and get the parts from elsewhere. I'm sure with some help you can either purchase the same (similar) parts from other vendors or make them yourself or have someone else make them for you!

Not a very helpful post, but sometimes you just need someone to state the bleeding obvious to you!

You only live once - make the most of it!

Radical Clubsport, Kwaker motor
'94 MX5 MK1, 1.8
F10 M5 - 600bhp Daily Hack
Range Rover Sport - Wife's Car
Mercedes A class - Son's Car

Agriv8

posted on 14/12/10 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
cant help with Darren but what parts are you after ?

MNR have an agent down under 'Redback Motorsport' so may be able to assist who know there way arround 7 but depends what parts you are after they may have knowlege where to sorce locally.

Regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

nib1980

posted on 14/12/10 at 08:13 AM Reply With Quote
I believe if it was a credit card payment, you should be insured, and can claim for non delivered goods, just need to check with your bank.
whitestu

posted on 14/12/10 at 08:13 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds like fairly straightforward fraud to me. Would the police / trading standards not help?

Stu

ruskino80

posted on 14/12/10 at 08:46 AM Reply With Quote
i don't often comment on these things but along the lines of the bleedin obvious this guy seems to be a right c**k,robbing people left right and center
nitram38

posted on 14/12/10 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
I think all those who have been stitched by this guy should all get together and go give him some stitches of his own.

blakep82

posted on 14/12/10 at 10:55 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nitram38
I think all those who have been stitched by this guy should all get together and go give him some stitches of his own.

you mean tell him lots of jokes?

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Strontium Dog

posted on 14/12/10 at 11:16 AM Reply With Quote
I have seen similar on other forums (although I don't know all the details of this particular issue) and the Po Lice have been involved and succesful prosecution has followed. They won't want to get involved as it requires real police work but at the end of the day, fraud is fraud! If the guy has taken money for goods he will not supply and he won't refund the money then he needs nicking. In the good old pre PC days a visit to him would have been in order, but of course you can't do that any more as you will be criminalised and no doubt end up having to pay the theiving git compensation to boot!

It realy does F**k me off when people do this sort of thing. I have sent substantial payments to people on this site who have held on to parts for me, sometimes waiting months for me to collect and have never yet been burned. It is the small minority of dodgy gits that screw it up for the rest of us

steve m

posted on 14/12/10 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
This isnt even popcorn moment, as its not funny anymore

why do eddie/flak monkey protect this moron, as they are getting their names slagged off for being connected

Brock32, you need to geton with your life, get on with the build, cut your losses, and if you manage to get your money back, its a bonus
as being that you live a tad to far away, it is impossible to go round his place and smack him hard in the teeth, and that is exactley what i would do,

DARREN is a fraud, a cheat, and obviousley from the threads we see on this site (what about other sites ??) a very unpleasent person to have around

Someone really needs to sort this out

Eddie / Flak monkey ?

mookaloid

posted on 14/12/10 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
How about finding a 'local to Darren' solicitor to take him to the small claims court for you? If he has genuinely not supplied the parts then the court should find in your favour and award the money and your costs to you.

That's what we have a court system for and if you were over here you could do it yourself but as you are down under you will probably need some one like a solicitor to appear on your behalf.

Just a thought

Cheers

Mark

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

Canada EH!

posted on 14/12/10 at 01:00 PM Reply With Quote
Been there, done that, I am in Canada so similar problem. I waited about two months then contacted VISA who refunded my money. Hope it is not too late for you.
Puzzled

posted on 14/12/10 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
Small claims

If its any guidance to you:-

I live in Ireland, and have just been through the Small Claims proceedure.You dont have to live in UK to take an action against anyone that cheats you, but you Do have to have a UK Postal address. In my case I used my Sons address and things could"nt have been easier.In my case a Scumbag stitched me up with a "Reconditioned"engine and refused to refund me my money. I took the case through the local court nearest his address. All done by post. The local Clerk of the Court could"nt have been more helpful, he sent me all information and helped with any queries I had by phone. A CCJ has just been issued against him and I"ve instructed the court to send in the Heavy Mob. Waiting to see how things develope.
I cant understand ,for the life of me , how ANYONE can defend this arsehole. BTW if you come across

Richard Fisher of Heathfield East Sussex then give him a wide berth. ----- HE"s gonna be walking with a limp soon!!!!!

eddie99

posted on 14/12/10 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
I will speak to Darren tomorrow and let you know whats happened Brock. Sorry i haven't replied recently, been busy at Uni.

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Jimfin

posted on 16/12/10 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
If you have Skype, you can often get him on that - search for "gtstuning"
nludkin

posted on 17/12/10 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
I spent over a year of my life worrying about how I was going to get my parts out of this joker. In essence, you can't negotiate with him, he is very economical with the truth and posting on here makes him less cooperative.

Either take him to court or walk away. Life is too short..

But most importantly, try and enjoy your build when you do get the parts! The whole Darren experience soured my build!

[Edited on 17/12/10 by nludkin]

[Edited on 17/12/10 by nludkin]

hicost blade

posted on 17/12/10 at 10:32 AM Reply With Quote
I would send the piece of ****ing **** **** **** **** ****er this to start with

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/making-a-complaint/taking-a-dispute-to-the-small-claims-court/sample-letter/

ZEN

posted on 18/12/10 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
@brock32

I'm in a similar position. Got some parts but not all that I ordered

My YouTube channel Cars, bikes - track days, motorsport, sim racing and more.

oudakontrol

posted on 5/3/11 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
G'day Brock

I to am living in Australia and yes you can nail his rse with the legal system in the UK quite easily.
You do not need a UK address and it is quite easy...
I had Darren oweing me around 4000.00 pounds including interest and legal costs as he will be required to pay these if you take him on. And again...it's not hard !

As for Eddie, he's a lovely guy and was very helpful to me and would bend over backwards to help you. Still would like a wiring harness Eddie ??

Darren is full of $hit. He threatened me with going bankrupt as he "apparently" owes more than he owns and I have this in writting in an email. He will promise you his first child but when it comes to giving money up...or money back !!
I have heard stories from him like he is owed money, his girl friend is sick he is sick his dog is sick his dog ate my email address and then the computer we have all heard this before and unless people do something about it he will continue to pi$$ in peoples pockets.
Someone suggested to move on, don't, you need to do something about it. I am actually going to the UK in a couple of months and I'm going to see him to say hello.
Email me if you want any questions answered I would LOVE to help you....

Cheers mate

Front Row Joe

posted on 29/3/11 at 01:10 AM Reply With Quote
I sent Darren a copy of the letter from the link above. He sent my parts that I ordered 2 years ago within a couple of weeks. He still owes me about £10 worth of bits but its not worth my time chasing for that any more. I've been more than patient with the guy and have refrained from commenting until now. I hope he is made to pay up. Good luck all those who are still owed parts.
ZEN

posted on 7/5/11 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
I'll try it too, before booking a flight to UK. From last month ryanair is flying directly from my home town to London, and Kent isn't that far away. The flight cost less than the shipping price for the items Darren owes me.

My YouTube channel Cars, bikes - track days, motorsport, sim racing and more.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.